Orgain is a dynamic, fast-growing company committed to inspiring healthy, vibrant lives. The Sales Operations Specialist enables Orgain’s revenue growth by putting the Retail Sales, International Sales, Healthcare, e-Commerce, and Direct-to-Consumer Teams in a position to execute effectively and efficiently. In this role, the Sales Operations Specialist is expected to continually improve the way responsibilities are completed so that our processes are progressively become more effective, efficient, and scalable.
This position works collaboratively across all Orgain departments as well as with Orgain’s Customers, Sales Brokers, and Vendors. The Sales Operations Specialist will partner closely with geographically dispersed Business Units. The Specialist will typically be working M-F business hours from a remote work-at-home location or from our Innovation & Support Center in Irvine, CA. However, on occasion, availability to be on-call after-hours or on weekends to solve problems related to events will be required.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
Responsible for the following sales, marketing, and operations activities but not limited to:
- Maintain relevant and accurate Master Data content in a way that keeps folders and files clear, current, and accessible. Identify important changes that would cause other departments to change their workflows, tools, or content; proactively notify other departments of these changes.
- Continuously improve access to and quality of Master Data to make information resources more accessible and scalable in order to help the Sales Org. meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Clearly communicate product changes across the organization, working with Marketing and Quality Assurance to develop approved responses to product questions. Evaluate changes to determine if they will result in a label or ingredients panel change and are visible to the consumer; notify broker and retailer partners 60-90 days in advance of shipping.
- Responsible for initial product data load in Product Content Syndication Partner portals for certain channels or customers, including 1 World Sync, Syndigo, IX-One, etc.
- Audit retailer.com websites and syndication partner portals to ensure that published product data is accurate and consistent; determine next steps to correct discrepancies including when/if to elevate to a broker, sales director, or Product Content Syndication Partner account rep to ensure timely resolution. Track and report on progress.
- Maintain accurate and current sales tools; publish cross-departmentally as needed. Decide when and how to update tools based on upcoming product changes or new product launches.
- Lead the seasonal display and components forecasting process. Determine when pack-out or assembly instructions should be edited; update specs accordingly. Track inventory and determine when to purchase corrugate. Make recommendations to Leadership for pre-assembly by 3PLs if forecasts exceed standard lead time for display builds.
- Manage new customer onboarding for certain channels or customer types. Determine who to notify cross-departmentally to ensure all parties have reviewed and signed off on necessary documents.
- Complete customer forms and contracts for certain channels or customer types.
- Respond to/fulfill customer and internal team ad hoc requests for product information including labels, images, COIs, price lists, etc. Decide when to involve Marketing and Quality
- Assurance to fulfill requests that require enhanced content, product claims, allergen information, etc.
- Customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgement.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines
- Assistance with Trade Show and Field Marketing event coordination and administration
- Potential, periodic staffing of Trade Show events
- Other duties as required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of 4 years of experience working with Product Content Syndication Partners
- 7+ years of experience in a CPG environment; conventional grocery and E-comm channels preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of new product launches
- Skilled in reviewing and analyzing the necessary sales, distribution, and demand planning reports required to complete new customer paperwork
- Exceptional customer service, project management, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven attention to detail, documentation, and follow- through
- Demonstrated track record of collaboratively working with diverse functions and individuals
- Excited about putting others in a position to succeed and identifying more effective methods of work operation
- Self-directed with penchant for self-learning to strengthen skills and knowledge
- Highly proactive with a strong work ethic; demonstrated ability for initiative and follow-through
- Agile and resilient when priorities shift; ability to adapt to the changing needs of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented business
- Full time
- Position located within Orgain’s Innovation & Support Center, Irvine, CA or remote (telecommuting) position
- May include prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Extensive travel may be required, including some nights and weekends
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.