The Senior Brand Manager North America reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing and is responsible to plan, develop and implement brand, customer and overall marketing strategies for all Himalaya Herbal Healthcare products across all retail and e-tail channels. You will be the primary marketing team lead and be accountable for developing a best-in-class team that executes on time and on strategy. You will join a dynamic, fast-paced environment and develop and execute the complete brand strategy, customer marketing plans and must-win product launches to achieve growth, volume, share and revenue goals.
You will work in strong collaboration with Sales, Innovation, Insights and Analytics and the E-tail team to deliver on corporate objectives and lead the brand during a fast growth, highly dynamic season and be a catalyst for the future direction of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of all brand and customer marketing activities across the retail and e-tail channels for supplements and personal care products.
- Critically and objectively evaluate brand opportunities and defend recommendations with data-based insights, logic and a linkage to brand objectives.
- Manage the development and execution of media strategy with an emphasis on highly targeted digital media.
- Develop and ensure consistency of brand communication, consumer benefit language and a creative strategy across multiple categories.
- Onboard and manage agency resources to execute marketing plans and deliver on objectives.
- Manage marketing budgets, forecast spending and adjust plans, programs and activities as necessary to deliver on profit and volume targets.
- Track and report on marketing effectiveness and develop insights and actions to adjust plans to increase ROI.
- Monitor competitive activity and develop plans and contingencies to protect marketplace position and mitigate threats.
- Translate syndicated data into consumer insights to identify opportunities and selling stories.
- Be responsible for allocating resource support and budget to bricks and mortar and e-tail customers proportionate to their contribution.
- Identify and lead packaging development and refinement to best convey product proposition.
- Develop consumer learning plan and execute research to drive insights that impact the business, in partnership with Analytics.
- Lead portfolio optimization and refinement, including such projects as packaging changes and reformulations of existing products.
Customer Marketing and Sales Support
- Develop and maintain selling support to the sales organization including sales presentations, selling materials, promotional support and collaboratively identifying the unique selling proposition, sales opportunity and recommendation in an omni-channel environment.
- Oversee the development and execution of customer marketing plans for key customers and foster a partnership with Sales & e-commerce teams.
- Attend and advise on customer meetings as needed.
- Develop an industry leading, goal driven, marketing team that understands and embraces strategic objectives, a driven culture and a bias for action that ensures consistent delivery of timelines, objectives and customer needs.
- Provide a leadership voice to guide the marketing team and cross-functional peers to organizational priorities and initiatives.
- Embody a spirit of ownership, motivate and operate within an entrepreneurial culture that celebrates a willingness to do what it takes to support the we over the me.
- Communicate and operate broadly across the organization including Innovation, Sales, E-tail, Operations and Finance.
- Consistent interaction and collaboration with senior leadership and regular requirements to present plans, results and make the case for resources.
- CPG marketing experience required.
- FDM experience a must, drug channel experience a plus.
- Ability to develop omni-channel marketing solutions. Experience working on or with e-tail specific sales teams a plus.
- Experiencing leading brand activation in both retail and e-tail, specifically Amazon. The ability to be channel agnostic and deliver results and apply energy and emphasis across both bricks and mortar and e-tail customers is required.
- Experience developing situation assessments and insight driven marketing plans. Examples of prior work will be requested.
- Proven ability to translate data into selling stores for internal and external audiences. Experience using and interpreting syndicated data a must.
- Proven ability to translate insights into action.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of customer marketing planning and execution.
- P&L knowledge.
- Experience directing agency partners and/or agency experience.
- Experience developing consumer facing communication strategies.
- Experience with consumer research, including concept testing, sensory testing and focus groups.
- Experience presenting to senior leaders, defending plans and making the case for resources with data.
- Experience working with a sales force and an understanding of the inter-dynamics of the sales and marketing functions specifically in a CPG and FDM environment.
- Ability to maintain excellence and be highly effective working with a remote team and having only periodic in-person contact with leadership.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, navigate and add value to business situations and organizational challenges with no existing process or solution.
- Ability to manage projects, develop timelines, articulate critical paths and deliver outcomes on time.
- A passion for consumer marketing balanced with a customer mindset.
- A bias for action and the ability to chart a course vs. follow one.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing preferred.
- A progression of marketing experience including a brand management position on a key brand or portfolio within a CPG company.
- Experience defining brand objectives and translating them into strategy and action.
- Working knowledge of customer marketing execution.
- Experience working with a CPG sales force, calling on FDM retailers.
- Proven ability to leverage digital marketing to drive business growth. Experience using digital media to reach highly targeted audiences. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to execute across emerging media. Experience executing campaigns outside of legacy media types (TV, radio, print) is required.
- Experience using syndicated data sources (e.g. SPINS, Nielsen, IRI) and digital analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Shopify).
- Significant analytical and critical thinking skills with experience analyzing data & translating it to insights & recommendations that tell a clear & compelling story.
- Robust experience working with marketing agencies and partners.
- Demonstrated success in challenging and ambiguous business situations.
- Consistent record of posting strong results in multiple settings and teams.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Highly collaborative and capable of influencing and building a culture.
- Willingness to travel regularly to headquarters in Sugarland, TX, conduct market visits, attend trade shows and support customer meetings (All corporate travel is currently restricted due to COVID-19 precautions).
- Computer skills including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Above average excel and power point skills are required to be effective in this role.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to discern priorities.
- Strong attention to detail over speed.
- Examples of prior brand strategy work will be requested, along with references.
- Knowledge of and personal involvement with natural products and a healthy lifestyle.
- Direct customer marketing experience a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary and bonus, commensurate with experience
- Company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability & 401(k)
Minimum 7 years experience in the brand function.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the role. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.