Green Spoon Sales is an established natural food and beverage sales agency. We represent the most disruptive and emerging food and beverage brands in the industry.
Driven by the desire to transform the retail landscape, our team helps brands gain access to retail stores and shelf space, in addition to driving sales through marketing and promotions.
Green Spoon Sales is looking for a National Human Resources + Culture Manager.
- Serve as the internal HR expert and provide guidance to management on employment law, internal company policies, and procedures
- Assist employees with needed HR support and lead outreach to existing HR consultants and legal teams
- Assist with employee onboarding and termination process
- Work closely with company leaders to ensure the company has strong compensation and benefit plans that position us to support the best possible team
- Main point of contact for company's PEO for workers compensation, insurance matters, and employee payroll related matters
- Manage and support company's HR Coordinator & Culture Coordinator on a daily basis and provide clear directives.
- Drafting and point of contact for compensation and promotion letters
- Onboarding and offboarding of employees in PEO system
- Assist in administration of benefits including annual open enrollment and new hire enrollment
- Point of contact between HR and Finance departments (to communicate payroll related items)
- Company policy drafting and obtaining approvals on handbook updates
- Keeping HR records up to date (i.e. salary and compensation records)
- Oversee annual state reporting requirements
- Respond to state UI and leave reporting requirements and requests
- Point of contact for employment verifications
- Additional HR duties as needed
- Lead recruitment for various roles in manufacturing and business functions: work with your team to develop and post job descriptions, review incoming applications, conduct initial screens, and conduct reference checks
- Develop ongoing recruitment and candidate-sourcing plans that build a diverse team
- Lead onboarding and train incoming employees on general company systems and culture
- Elevate the onboarding process to increase employee engagement by identifying and implementing new onboarding tools, and work with Marketing to develop useful collateral
- Identify and lobby for new benefits that deepen engagement, culture, and employee retention
- Identify and/or lead employee trainings to encourage an atmosphere of openness, diversity, and inclusion
- Coach employees through transitions, and through peer and role challenges
- Identify and implement perks for company's team members
- Manage and work with your team in crafting and planning outings and team building activities
- Manage and plan with your team all companywide events
- Keep a pulse with the entire team to build relevant programs that further engage employees, create excitement, support company's mission statement and builds a united and best-in-class work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 3-5 years related HR experience required
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- 3+ years of related company culture experience
- Experience in creating and implementing strategic and impactful HR initiatives
- Event management experience preferred
- Love for natural products, sustainability, and healthy living
- PHR preferred
- Experience working in a high-paced work environment
- Natural Grocery Industry experience preferred
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.