High-Quality Nutritional Supplement Manufacturer Florida Supplement was founded in 1995 and today stands as a market leading nutraceutical manufacturing and packaging company. We formulate, manufacture, and package nutritional supplements in tablets, capsules, soft-gels, and powder blends.
As the VP of Operations you will plan and direct operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of other personnel at all levels that lead to outstanding operational performance. This position is located at our headquarters in Miramar, FL.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Lead the manufacturing, maintenance, and functions driving safety, and productivity throughout.
- Inspire and work with the operating team to drive a “Lean” culture with heavy focus on getting the full organization to initiate and implement improvement programs to improve efficiencies.
- Drive process improvements using analysis, KPIs, and other tools.
- Write and present monthly reports for company.
- Develop annual operating budget for review.
- Effectively direct operations team to execute against the budget and unplanned influences.
- Drive cost reductions, debottleneck operations, improve effective capacity through non-capital and capital projects.
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal forms at all levels.
- Work with government and auditing agencies to assure 100% compliance to all rules and regulations.
- Work closely with other departments to assure clear and effective coordination of information as to maximize efficiencies while meeting or exceeding customer requirements.
- Demonstrates strong leadership.
- Prior senior operating role experience in discrete manufacturing.
- Experience working in cGMP, FDA, SQF work environment.
- Experience in pharmaceutical, OTC, or dietary supplement industry.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- BA / BS Degree in Business Administration, Operational Management, or related discipline & experience.
- Work, at times, irregular hours.
- Low travel requirements but able to do when necessary.
- Able to handle the typical stress of meeting deadlines and achieving improved results.
- Ability to read, interpret and effectively communicate necessary policies and procedures to others.
Florida Supplement provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Florida Supplement complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.