If you ask our employees what makes the American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) a wonderful place to work, here’s what you’ll learn.
Says one team member: “The people. Although we’re spread out around the country, we’re a family when it comes down to it. We genuinely care about one another and aren’t afraid to show it. It feels wonderful and refreshing working in an environment where care for one another is the norm, and you’re not just another employee filling a position.”
What do others who work here want you to know about AHPA?
- Supportive, encouraging and talented colleagues.
- Offers a team environment while working independently.
- There’s the ability to learn, grow and advance in my job and responsibilities.
- It’s a supportive work environment.
- The association is highly responsible to employee needs.
- Staff and leadership possess deep subject matter expertise.
- I have a voice. Our president allows us autonomy in making decisions. That doesn’t mean all our ideas our accepted, but at least we have an opinion that is heard and considered.
- I get out of it as much as I’m willing to put into the job.
- Great colleagues.
- I’m given flexibility in my job.
Our members also have a lot of good things to say about AHPA. For example:
- Being an AHPA member is truly worth the commitment.
- AHPA is a fantastic organization!
- The content produced for its members is timely and informative.
- AHPA is an excellent example of a premier industry partner.
Who Are We?
The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) is the national trade association and voice of the herbal products industry. AHPA's mission is to promote the responsible commerce of herbal products to ensure that consumers continue to enjoy informed access to a wide variety of herbal goods.
The AHPA office is located in the heart of lively and diverse downtown Silver Spring, MD, about a 7-minute walk from the Red Line Metro stop and a block from the town center that features a wide range of great restaurants and shops.
Founded in 1982, AHPA’s membership includes 450 domestic and foreign companies doing business as growers, processors, manufacturers, and marketers of herbs and botanical and herbal products, including foods, dietary supplements, cosmetics, and non-prescription drugs.
AHPA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including PTO, paid holidays, employee health, vision and dental plan, and a SIMPLE IRA with employer match.
AHPA is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Want to see what others say? Take a look at this article.