True® is the worldwide leader in diverse and innovative production of organic fertilizers. We are a family-owned business who respectfully treats our growers’ land as if it were our own. We are passionately dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality, safest and easiest-to-handle organic fertilizers developed exclusively to help you grow your business.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Chemist to join us in our Helm, CA facility.
The Senior Chemist will be responsible for conducting chemistry research that covers many fields of inquiry and assists in the development of agricultural products, such as but not limited to the development of soil amendments with specific chemical, physical and biological properties. Development and formulation of organic agricultural fertilizers and other products related to organic agriculture and related to improving soil health.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Must have a Ph.D. in Chemistry.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of program.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, nationally recognized standards and guidelines related to specialized environmental as required by position
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Qualified candidates must possess a valid Divers License
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven background with computers and software (including Windows and Microsoft Office)
- Flexibility to work off-hours to meet company obligations to include by not limited to weekends
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a team which focuses on the agronomic “tools” we provide to our customers. This is a laborious process that is accomplished through the fundamental scientific method of gathering data through experimentation of new formulations with new materials in laboratory, greenhouse and field trials.