Reporting directly to the Director of Sales Central and the Vice President of Sales, the Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the business and relationship management of assigned clients, brokers, distributors, and retailer accounts. This involves preparing for and executing new item presentations, key account presentations, and trade shows as well as managing trade spending responsibility and meeting volume/pricing objectives. This employee keeps information flowing to the Vice President of Sales, Director, and Client Manager on market conditions and competitive offers in the marketplace.
- Manage Central regional sales for multiple Better for You brands across multi-channel accounts including Natural, Grocery, and Specialty retailers.
- Manage KeHE Headquarter call for 6-8 brands.
- Achieve assigned client sales volume objectives within region.
- Manage client trade spending budget within region.
- Effectively manage broker and distributor personnel to support achievement of client objectives/initiatives including pricing, promotion, placement and distribution.
- Successfully launch (pricing, promotion, placement, and distribution) new items and new brands within region.
- Utilize syndicated data to provide insights and recommendations to both client and retail partners. Strong focus on fact-based selling.
- Regularly report on key account activity/initiatives, sales execution, and changes in the competitive landscape via Monday.com (CRM) reporting system.
- Proactively and professionally work with fellow team members both at The Touch Agency and with key client contacts in sales and marketing.
- Proactively address client-related issues with appropriate internal Touch Agency staff and facilitate issue resolution.
- Coordinate with accounting and customer service (both at The Touch Agency and with client team) to provide information needed to support accurate pricing and effective deduction management.
- Represent The Touch Agency brands at retailer-facing shows including Natural Products Expo and distributor tabletops.
- Three to five years minimum experience in Better for You packaged goods sales management, sales planning and/or marketing. Experience managing multiple brands (broker) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the function and inner workings of all major distributors is a plus.
- Retailer HQ call experience for Central Region Key Accounts including KeHE, Central Market, Dierberg’s, Fresh Thyme, HEB, INFRA, Meijer, NCG, etc. preferred. (experience with HQ calls on Kroger, Target and WFM is a plus)
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and selling skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to travel required. Must live near a major US airport. Estimated travel 30-50%.