We’re seeking a QA Manager to join Sempera in the manufacturing department. As part of the manufacturing team, the QA Manager will be responsible for all quality activities in manufacturing including the maintenance and leading of annual cGMP, FDA, Health Department, Organic, and other certifications.
• Act as liaison between various auditors, certification
agencies and company. Conduct all necessary corrective actions and related reports.
• Responsible for companywide Corrective & Preventative Action (CAPA) program and Root Cause Analysis system.
• Oversee Environmental and Workplace safety systems and employee training
• Oversee Environmental Monitoring Program and OOS results.
• Oversee Sanitation & sampling team activities
• Draft, edit, review, track changes and train employees on company SOPs
• Act as lead on internal audit team, mock recall team, and HACCP team.
• Monitor CCPs, and process performance.
• Create reports summarizing findings and act as lead for CAPA follow-ups
• Responsible for all external audits of contract manufacturers, laboratories, warehouses and our supply chain
• Review and approve internal bulk labels, internal finished product labels, and private labels in accordance with current federal regulations and other agency regulations
• Act as overall authority on approval and rejection of raw materials, finished products, incoming ingredients, and contact packaging components based on internal specifications.
• Create product specifications and in-process specifications and report deviations. Follow up through deviation program protocol.
• Oversee Supplier Approval Program including protocol for site audits
• Oversee customer complaints, follow-ups and any SEA/AE reporting
• Over 5 years of experience managing the quality or regulatory department in food, supplements, or cosmetics manufacturing
• Experience in cGMP certification. ISO, BRC, SQF or other frameworks desired.
• HACCP/HARPC Qualified Individual, PCQI
• Organic, Kosher, Halal, non-GMO, Vegan certification coordination experience
• Qualified Auditor or documented experience conducting site audits
• Microbiological background or background in environmental sampling
JOIN US, AND BE YOU
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that each one of us brings in terms of education, opinions, culture, color, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.