PureFit Inc. is seeking a Director of Sales, with experience specific to the food CPG grocery industry. The role of this individual is to develop and manage new retail accounts in the United States. Preferably, the candidate will be based in Orange County, CA. Director of Sales will collectively create an annual national sales plan with management and execute it to meet pre-determined goals. PureFit is an innovative protein food company that inspires both consumers and retailers with their products and programs. A candidate for this position must be well-organized and goal-driven with the willingness to penetrate the competitive landscape in grocery, health food stores, and other large grocery retailers. PureFit has 3 lines of protein-based products, including protein bar, protein pastas, and protein granola. Candidate will be responsible for representing all PureFit product lines.
- Present all PureFit products for category review to all major grocery and health food stores, like Costco, Walmart, Kroger, Wholefoods etc.
- Partake in the creation of and have responsibility for the execution of an annual sales plan.
- Manage, evaluate and assess direct retailer, wholesaler and specialty distributor supply programs and day-to-day business.
- Evaluate customer performance on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Interpret and present direct customer, regional and national scan data.
- Implement and evaluate marketing and promotional spend programs on an account and regional basis.
- Create and present new business programs to management and customers.
- Collaborate with sales support team to include order entry, sales analysts and sales administration to achieve and surpass sales goals.
- Work with peers in all company departments to achieve daily customer satisfaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the management of a food CPG grocery sales team.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suites to include Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Experience in evaluating scan data (IRI, Nielson, SPINS) and translating it to presentations.
- Experience in food CPG broker management to include instituting store-level and corporate programs.
- Proficiency in promotional and marketing trade spend management, budgeting and analysis.
- Experience in both direct sales to supermarket retailers and wholesale/special distributor grocery programs.
- Proficiency in virtual presentations to include Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other web-based conferencing.
- Ability to travel by car and/or air to multiple markets on a monthly basis.
- Valid driver’s license without restrictions and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Be a goal-driven individual who loves to win!
What We Offer
- Full Time position
- Paid vacation or pay in lieu of vacation time; if desired
- 9 paid national holidays
- Company-issued phone allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Casual work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Health, dental, and vision coverage available
- Growth opportunities for those interested in advancing their career with PureFit
PureFit was founded in 2001 with the expressed interest in making the highest quality protein bars in the world. We are proud to say we are the first gluten-free protein bar to penetrate the market. We are the first ever protein bar on Amazon. We now export to over 20 countries, and we plan to launch more products in the near future.