The Sales Support Administrator is organized, flexible, and able to provide outstanding customer service with a strong emphasis on administration and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and detail oriented position that requires a proactive and positive thinker who is able to exercise good judgment, effective communication, initiative, and manage Key Account order entry and maintain all e-commerce platforms such as iTrade including after hours shipping.
The primary goal of the position is to provide sales order management, inventory, invoicing and related sales activities support. This critical support role includes system order entry, order status updates and tracking, and other core aspects of the sales cycle to include customer communications, and addresses inquiries related to shipping and inventory in a timely and effective manner; to ensure accurate order processing and consistency in customer satisfaction.
- Supports sales activities (i.e., price sheet communication).
- Sales Order support in order entry, pricing, passings, and invoicing.
- Work with all relevant e-commerce platforms to support the sales in the office such as iTrade, Procurant, or any other proprietary system.
- Manages trouble reports and sees them through resolution, system entry and escalates as appropriate.
- Communicates to accounting invoice details and verifies freight, and other protections are correct and matches customer PO forms or vendor portal such as iTrade.
- Supports in customer account data management and accuracy by performing data maintenance.
- Generate revenue reporting and unit movement reports to analyze sales and category performance.
- Effectively work with other departments and teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional teams on supporting and executing operational and strategic initiatives.
- Maintains customer order guides, including menu changes.
- Generates and analyzes inventory and volume movement reports.
- Assists with manifest entries and appropriately escalates identified issues or opportunities.
- Partners with the Accounting Department to respond to customer billing inquiries.
- Daily sales invoicing for the office.
- Effectively communicates and coordinate sales activities with other support departments.
- Primary person to answer the office phones.
- Send out aged inventory report to any Category Managers in the office pertaining to the appropriate commodities.
- Maintain a list of costs required for protection to support sales.
- Maintain and order office supplies as needed.
- Primary backup for the Sales Support Specialist.
- Other duties assigned as required*
- Strong ability to independently multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability and an appetite to learn quickly in a fast-paced team environment.
- Detail-oriented approach with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, report generation and computer skills.
- Team Player, assertive, friendly, and effective collaboration skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work through conflict and effectively address issues.
- Ability to adapt and function effectively in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Fact-based decision-making ability.
- Flexible and open to new ways of doing things.
- Ability to work extended days and/or weekends.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical ability; able to interpret data and translate into actionable steps.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, leadership, cross functional collaboration and influencing skills.
Education / Experience / Certifications
- BA or equivalent degree from an accredited institution, in a related field or equivalent years of experience.
- 2+ years experience required in a sales, inside sales, sales support, or customer service role with a prior track record for providing key account sales support, order management and maintaining customer relations.
- 2+ years of experience in the produce industry (highly preferred).
- Occasional local or overnight travel as required to trade shows, other facilities, office locations or customer account locations.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
- Work in an office environment with prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, speaking on the phone, and working on a computer.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job.