What to Expect:
The Director of Research and Development is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing the organization's research and development objectives, initiatives, and policies to achieve the company’s vision/mission. They ensure process and product innovation activities are developed to maximize product lifecycle to maintain the organization's leadership position and profitability. In addition, they will create functional strategies for clinical research and collaborative partnerships to achieve research goals on time and within budget. They will monitor industry developments and oversee the research and development team’s evaluation of new raw materials, delivery systems, and formulation innovation to create valuable product development opportunities.
- Oversee, manage, and develop the Science, Product Development, and Formulation Engineering teams.
- Establish goals for clinical research initiatives and product/program research projects.
- Oversees complex research projects, analyzes results, and provides recommendations based on findings.
- Conduct and manage clinical research and oversee collaborative research partnerships.
- Supervise the Product Development team in efforts to investigate new raw materials and transform product ideas into workable formulas.
- Manage raw material vendor relationships to create value and product development opportunities.
- Oversee and lead multidepartment projects and identify opportunities for process efficiency and improvements.
- Develop strategies to increase market share within existing markets and identifying new market opportunities for growth.
- Assist in the development of plans for product launches or other marketing initiatives based on research findings.
- Ensures proper product development procedures and processes are being followed for on-time delivery of new formulas.
What You Will Contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of leadership experience in research, product development and formulation, working in food, beverage or dietary supplement industry or equivalent experience. Preferred degree, doctorate in food science, Nutrition, or related field.
- Prior development and knowledge of dietary supplements is essential.
- Demonstrated work ethic focusing on Courage, Creativity, Dependability, Initiative, and Thoroughness.
What You Will Receive:
- Competitive Compensation with Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, and 401(k) with Employer Match
- Voluntary Benefits: Short Term Disability, Life, Critical Illness, Accident, & Hospital Indemnity
- Paid Time Off and Holiday
- Job Specific Training & Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Wellness & Employee Assistance Program, Gym Reimbursements, and Healthy Onsite Company Paid Meals
- Free Monthly Products, Employee Discounts, and Employee Referral Incentives
Why Work at Ortho Molecular Products:
Simply put, our healthcare system is broken. It is expensive, complicated, and dysfunctional. At Ortho Molecular Products, our vision is to transform the practice of medicine. Every day, across America and the world, we help health care providers implement better solutions for health challenges that include lifestyle medicine and nutritional therapies proven to improve patient outcomes. We do this by manufacturing science-based products and developing innovative clinical programs for doctors that help their patients get better faster.
We are looking for people who align with our mission and want to invest their lifework and passion into transforming the practice of medicine. Our team is purpose-driven, values-based, and service-focused.
We are looking for likeminded people who want to join the movement that is changing the way healthcare is being delivered.
We invite you to explore the Ortho website to learn about our career opportunities and apply. Ortho Molecular Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.