Territory Manager (II) is responsible for directing sales activities that deliver incremental revenue and gross profit with independent health food and regional chain retailers. Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, developing, and maintaining mutually beneficial customer relationships while managing approximately $2 million in net sales revenue. This individual will represent the entire Nature’s Way product line, demonstrate, and sell effectively to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Emphasis on strategic planning, business analytics, forecasting, and trade fund management in order to meet key objectives such as support for new item launch initiatives, in-store marketing and promotional activity.
- Develop business plans for assigned accounts under the direction of management and within trade spend guidelines.
- Work with Independent Retail and Distributor Team to effectively execute selling strategies through our distributor sales network, or sell direct to the account, based on customer’s purchasing model and buying needs.
- Cultivate new and further develop existing business with key retail groups from our distributor network
- Participate in Strategic planning initiatives to best understand ROI of promotional discounts to drive the most effective and efficient results for individual accounts and Team.
- Leverage knowledge to aggressively streamline Corporate Sales strategies and plan.
- Meet/exceed product distribution, shelf-placement, and pricing goals within assigned accounts.
- Establish marketing and advertising programs to increase sales.
- Drive sales through marketing programs, researching and resolving customer problems, recommending modifications to the product selection, and coordinating sales negotiations.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and reports on sales activities and projects.
- Responsible for maximizing NW product visibility in retail: facing, setting & resetting displays and literature/point of purchase materials, coupons, promotional items, etc.
- Attend Customer Events, Industry Trade Shows and other events to represent NW to grow the business.
- Coordinate customer staff trainings, education events and demo support at store level to drive sales.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proven track record of success in meeting and/or exceeding sales goals/objectives.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize time effectively
- Ability to multi task while prioritizing sales.
- Proven ability to work on a sales team and leverage sales and company resources
- The ability to lead, motivate and energize both internal and external team members to produce a winning effort.
- The ability to participate in an environment that is innovative and oriented toward excellence
- Proven record of success with developing prospecting list, cold calling, customer expansion and telephone sales required
- Demonstrated record of success communicating effectively via telephone and email with customers and successful track record of meeting and/or exceeding revenue quota.
- Ability to demonstrate superior account and territory management skills.
- Accountability for achieving results; having integrity & reliability; and self-development.
- Strong ability to communicate in both written and oral form as well as listen attentively and solicit feedback.
- Show personal initiative and demonstrate effective planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, demonstrated use of CRM platforms, plus the ability to generate understand and analyze Business Objects reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; plus 2-5 years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Must have a valid driver's license and meet the terms of the SNA driver policy.