Summary: Provide regulatory support to internal team members and external customers regarding all regulatory and legal requirements associated with the labeling and marketing of consumer products distributed by Natural Health Partners. This position provides insight to help determine company decisions associated with Food and Dietary Supplement Labeling Regulations and new product launches based on extensive knowledge of Federal Regulations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Development, Marketing, R&D, Quality Assurance, Product Supply, and Product Safety to launch new products and support currently marketed products.
- Ensuring FDA compliance of dietary supplement, food, and cosmetic labels, including calculating and confirming nutrition/supplement values, allergen and ingredient lists, net weight statements, nutritional and advertising claims, and standards of identity.
- Review finished product documentation including tentative specs, nutritional profiles, ingredient statements, etc.
- Interpret regulatory rules or rule changes and ensure that they are communicated through corporate policies and procedures.
- Research of International, Federal, State, local and internal regulatory requirements
- Develop and provide regulatory strategies, regulatory assessments, and options analyses for assigned projects.
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of existing and emerging food and dietary supplement regulations.
- Monitor the regulatory environment for changes in regulatory requirements related to supplements, food and other product classifications and effectively communicate these changes to the applicable parties. Support any follow-up actions to ensure compliance with new requirements.
- Assisting with obtaining, and/or renewing relevant national certifications.
- Assisting with the review of product claims made in marketing and sales collateral, websites, and other consumer communications for compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Communicate with staff to assure all regulatory procedures are understood, and train staff as needed.
- Work closely with the Quality Manager and Product Development teams to ensure compliance.
- Simultaneously manage multiple deadlines and projects.
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in Regulatory procedures and provides solutions to improve the Regulatory Team.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by management.
- Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Nutrition, or other related fields.
- Worked in a Regulatory capacity for at least 2 years.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, and organizational and planning abilities needed to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgement and critical thinking to resolve regulatory challenges.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral forms to various audiences.
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with internal staff and customers.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and commitment to timelines.
- Time management skills in a multi-tasking environment.
- Project management and planning.