M2ingredients is hiring a Sales Analyst, reporting to the SVP Sales. As the Sales Analyst, you will play a critical role in supporting the sales team in compiling, analyzing, reporting and formalizing recommendations on sales trends, SKUs, customers and promotions to increase sales and profitability for the Om brand. A successful candidate will be a positive, can-do problem solver, with a passion for helping the world become a healthier place. This position is based at our headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
As the Sales Analyst you will perform duties in accordance with industry specific regulations, Global Food Safety Initiative Standards, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points Certification, Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Quality Standards, performance expectations as well as Workplace Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
The Sales Analyst plays a key role in supporting changes and improvements in performance, food safety and quality. Partnering with the VP of Operations, the Sales Analyst will support overall food safety and quality ensuring Safe & Quality Products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passion for analytical analysis and an inquisitive approach to problem solving.
- Responsible for the analysis of all revenue, and specifically Om brand revenue, customer and Om sub-brand shipments and consumption trends, preparing monthly recaps, identifying opportunities and issues and provides ideas for improvements for the Company.
- Works with the sales team to review account distribution voids and opportunities and supports in all aspects of customer planning preparation.
- Ability to communicate complex information to audiences with different levels of knowledge.
- Prepares and distributes monthly sales reports including written summaries highlighting key variances and trends.
- Leads monthly cross functional data meeting with key players from the SMT and the Sales and Marketing teams
- Analyzes internal data (i.e. QuickBooks) and external data (SPINs, distributor reports, customer portals) to provide Sales and Marketing teams with run rates and competitive intelligence.
- Compiles customer and business unit forecasting models for sales and sales deduction forecasting and annual budgeting.
- Working with the SVP of Om Sales compiles sales promotions models, costs thereof and impact to sales.
- Provides analysis for customer and distributor revenue performance to plan, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Provides analysis for customer and distributor trade spend results and OGD’s to plan, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to identify areas to optimize spending.
- Supports the SVP of Om Sales with monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting for Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) forecasts including YTD actual results, balance of year forecasts, and 2-5-year outlooks.
- For all of the data analyzed, this position is responsible to work with SVP Sales to identify and present implications of the data and corrective action and opportunities.
- Attends S&OP meetings and provides analysis as needed.
- Assists SVP of Om Sales and other business unit managers in preparing quarterly and full year revenue analysis and trends for quarterly board reports.
- Highly organized with an “all over it”, self-starter attitude
- Other duties as may be assigned