We are seeking a Blend Manager to join our team in Boulder, Colorado.
The Blend Manager role is at a food and supplement manufacturing location. This role will drive the day-to-day blending of raw materials to product batches according to R&D gold standards. The Blend Manager role works closely with Operations to troubleshoot and ensure product quality. Emphasis is to ensure production service, finished goods organoleptic quality, and to drive a collaborative environment. The Blend Manager, reports into Quality, as this role is integral in maintaining the highest product quality.
- Accountable for blend quality through day-to-day recipe creation to meet production demands, while ensuring the highest sensory quality of products by monitoring the sensory characteristics of the raw materials and blends at various processing stages.
- Conduct sensory evaluation of ingredients and products and promote data driven decisions by leveraging sensory tools to communicate to key stake holders.
- Collaborate with procurement, production scheduling, operations, quality, and R&D to adjust inventory usage if there is a supply constraint or other ingredient or finished product issue.
- Lead meetings to leverage the cross functional department expertise to guide business decisions and lead programs to minimize recipe variances.
- Cultivate supplier relationships and build a positive work environment.
- Accountable for adhering to Hain Celestial deviation process through the routing and approval of recipes and ingredients variances.
- Collaborate with R&D and Operations to provide guidance in the commercialization process.
- Train personnel to ensure blending best practices.
- Assist in projects, as needed.
- Combination of relevant work experience and education no less than 5 years.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with dry ingredients.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Must have good sensory/organoleptic skills, experience in sensory evaluation methods and comfortable with statistical analysis.
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating a high degree of proficiency and independence.
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Computer skills including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Flexibility to work shifts and weekends outside of their primary schedule.
- Preferred knowledge of the Consumer Product Goods Industry.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $78,000 - $140,000 (depending on experience)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Legal and identity protection insurance
- Pet insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Commuter benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Adoption assistance
- Parental Leave
Where permitted by applicable law, Hain requires new hires to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment by their date of hire, unless they are granted medical or religious accommodation. Hain reserves the right to define what constitutes fully vaccinated subject to applicable law, regulations, and guidance.