Green Spoon Sales is an established natural food + beverage sales agency, representing the most exciting brands in CPG nationwide. We are a mission-driven team fueled by the desire to transform the retail landscape and bring healthier, cleaner, sustainable products to market. Join us on our journey of spreading good food, good vibes and impacting the world around us in a positive way. Natural Food, Good People.
Green Spoon Sales is looking for a positive, passionate, and detail-oriented Associate Director of Accounts - West.
The Associate Director of Accounts is responsible for management and development of our Key Account Managers in both the Natural and Conventional channels.
They are ultimately responsible for maintaining existing business as well as generating new business opportunities for our partner brands. This is a dynamic position requiring the ability to focus on both the top line strategy and the tactical details associated with day-to-day retail sales management and business development.
- Provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the Key Account sales team while also maintaining a focus on the strategic goals of our manufacturer partners and our company’s strategic goals.
- Develop individual Key Account training tools for the Key Account team to maximize their potential capabilities to produce strong sales results within their retail accounts.
- Establish performance goals for each Key Account Manager, monitor performance, and conduct performance evaluations.
- Conduct regular calls with each of the Key Account Managers in the region - addressing brand initiatives, challenges and solutions.
- Coordinate and manage department attendance at trade shows, sales meetings, manufacturer interviews and business reviews.
- Work with manufacturers to develop, implement and track strategic brand plans for assigned regions.
- Coordinate and work with other division managers, additional departments and distributor account executives on new and existing product information, promotions, etc., as needed.
- Develop and complete custom projects as requested by chains, manufacturers, and leadership. These projects may involve sales forecasting, trade spend budgeting, business planning and gross profit analysis.
- Attend regional and national sales meetings as well as participate in trade shows and trade/association conventions.
- Work with key business partner contacts to create strong relationships. This includes developing relationships with our manufacturers, corporate headquarter category managers, key department contacts, and distributor representatives as appropriate.
- Work with manufacturers and utilize their promotion calendars to develop, implement and track strategic sales promotional plans for assigned key accounts on new and current products.
- Coordinate manufacturer tours of local stores and participate in meetings with manufacturers, chain buyers and possibly distributor representatives.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, competitors, competitive product lines, current retail environment and available promotional and marketing programs.
- Develop and implement or maintain monthly reporting tools to be utilized with our manufacturers and internal managers that summarize accomplishments, additional retail targets and opportunities.
- Utilize reporting tools to analyze movement, lift, placement, and voids; work with sales team to manage, monitor and maximize implementation of placement, plus-outs and promotions.
- Dependable, extroverted, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- A high level of motivation with a strong work ethic
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal skills and a positive outlook
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentational skills and public speaking abilities
- Ability to manage a team of diverse individuals
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; PowerPoint and Internet literacy Familiarity with databases and SharePoint helpful
- Good data-mining and analytical abilities
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Merchandising/schematic skills a plus
- Knowledge of natural products/brands and retail landscape necessary
- Current relationships with chains and distributors helpful
- Extensive outside sales experience preferred 5+ years
- Valid driver’s license – good driving record
- 5+ years of industry experience, preferably with distributor experience 5+ years of management experience
- 3 – 5 years of Key Account management experience
Full-time, salary with strong benefits package.