Grass Roots Marketing is a full-service natural food and health & beauty brokerage serving the Southern Pacific Region. We have an opening for a Sales Account Specialist to focus on Corporate and Independent accounts in Southern California: a sales territory encompassing the San Diego - Temecula area up to Anaheim and Long Beach.
The Sales Account Specialist is responsible for sales in assigned geographical area and/or key accounts. They direct and coordinate all placements as well as promotional plans and programs.
The Sales Account Specialist will create partnering relationships of trust, integrity, customer satisfaction and loyalty. The Sales Account Specialist will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing sales and marketing activities to increase market share in your key accounts. The Sales Account Specialist will be required to meet or exceed sales goal expectations and ensure that professional relations exist with our clients (potential, current and former); retail buyers, merchandisers and store personnel.
The Sales Account Specialist will be responsible for communicating all item changes, promotions, new item paperwork, as well as inventory management and special projects for all GRM clients with assigned Distributors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintain excellent customer relations. Meet or exceed client expectations and established deadlines.
- Conduct routine sales calls with existing retail accounts, presenting all items to retailers in accordance with client’s goals placement allowances.
- Develop and execute sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profits, market share and minimize expenses.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Coordinate necessary meetings and communication, both internal and external, to address any issues relating to servicing the territory.
- Ensure sales process is professional and effective.
- Provide merchandising support to new and existing stores as needed.
- Attend trade functions and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Accurately complete required reports.
- Proactively prepare for and communicate to Clients any changes, events, opportunities, etc. from Distributors.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent related experience.
- Valid driver's license necessary.
- Auto insurance levels that meet or exceed state minimum requirements
- Prior customer service experience in a retail setting.
- Familiarity with sales opportunities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Organization skills and attention to detail.
- Basic math abilities.
- Ability to work independently
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact at all levels of business.
- Able to manage and coordinate projects.
- Comfortable in a highly open, dynamic and collaborative company culture.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sales team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive new business and close sales.
- The ability to exceed at; customer service skills, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze data based on customer needs.
- Ability to get in and out of car multiple times per day and able to spend up to 70% of the day in the car traveling to and from accounts safely in city, rural and expressway conditions.
- Ability to be in the field visiting retailers 3-4 days a week
- Ability to set up displays, fixtures, shelving and products.
- Able to tolerate exposure to store and warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
TERRITORY: Southern Pacific focus (San Diego / Temecula Area up to Anaheim & Long Beach)
SUPERVISOR: VP of Sales
This is an exempt position.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.