Grass Roots Marketing is a full-service natural food brokerage serving Southern California/ Southern Nevada. Grass Roots Marketing (GRM) is made up of an experienced and dedicated staff committed to providing our clients with professional natural/ specialty food brokerage services. With over 75 years of combined experience in the consumer-packaged goods (CPG) industry, GRM provides highly effective sales and marketing services to the best retailers and suppliers in the industry with emphasis on developing a reputation as an innovative, dedicated, and fair partner.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Key Account Manager for SoPac region is responsible for sales for an assigned geographical area and/or key accounts. They manage, direct, and coordinate all placements as well as promotional plans and programs in assigned territory.
The Key Account Manager will create partnering relationships of trust, integrity, customer satisfaction and loyalty. The Key Account Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing sales and marketing activities to increase market share in key accounts. The Key Account Manager will be required to meets or exceed sales goal expectations and ensure that professional relations exist with our clients (potential, current and former); retail buyers, merchandisers and store personnel.
The Key Account Manager will create and manage relationships with Distributors as assigned. The Key Account Manager will be responsible for communicating all item changes, promotions, new item paperwork, as well as inventory management and special projects for all GRM clients with assigned Distributors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Must live in or near Southern California region. Temecula/ San Diego area preferred but not required
- Maintain excellent customer relations. Meet or exceed client expectations and established deadlines.
- Conduct routine sales calls with existing retail accounts; presenting all items to retailers in accordance with client’s goals placement allowances.
- Develop and execute sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profits, market share and minimize expenses.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Coordinate necessary meetings and communication, both internal and external, to address any issues relating to servicing the territory.
- Ensure sales process is professional and effective.
- Provide merchandising support new and existing stores as needed.
- Attend trade functions and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Complete and/or assist clients with any Distributor required paperwork.
- Proactively prepare for and communicate to Clients any changes, events, opportunities, etc. from Distributors.
- Must have a vehicle and insurance
- Quiet, zoom-friendly in-home space required for remote work
- Self-motivated individual
- Must have excellent planning, organization, and project/timeline management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills, be natural problem solvers.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
High school graduate or equivalent related experience.
Valid driver's license necessary.
Auto insurance levels that meet or exceed state minimum requirements.
Prior Experience with Jimbo’s, Bristol Farms, Lazy Acres, Barons, Lassens a plus, but not required.
Prior customer service experience in a retail setting.
Familiarity with sales opportunities.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Organization skills and attention to detail.
Basic math abilities.
Ability to work independently.
Strong leadership abilities.
Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
Ability to interact at all levels of business.
Able to manage and coordinate projects.
Comfortable in a highly open, dynamic and collaborative company culture.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, sales team environment.
Demonstrated ability to drive new business and close sales.
The ability to exceed at; customer service skills, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills.
Ability to analyze data based on customer needs.
Ability to get in and out of car multiple times per day and able to spend up to 70% of the day in the car traveling to and from accounts safely
in city, rural and expressway conditions.
Ability to set up displays, fixtures, shelving and products.
Able to tolerate exposure to store and warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salaried position
- Credit Card to cover gas & travel expenses
- Healthcare, dental and vision package
- Retirement account with employer match
- Fun and collaborative environment
- Fun yearly teambuilding retreats
Visit our website for more details about our company Home (grmarketing.net)(link is external)
If you are detailed oriented and take pride in accurate work this is a great fit. Self-motivated and able to meet hard deadlines. Must be computer savvy. Apply today!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.