The Marketing Manager is responsible for the ongoing execution of strategic marketing plans with a special emphasis on supporting sales and branding of the Host Defense product line in the Business-to-Business (B2B) channel, in addition to other products available from Fungi Perfecti within a larger Omnichannel context. The Marketing Manager will be versatile across many marketing disciplines, and act as the hub of coordination and communication between B2B marketing and other departments. In coordination with the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Marketing Manager plays a key role in supporting the development and implementation of strategy to meet company objectives.
The Marketing Manager position reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing and is located in Olympia, WA. Normal business days/hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with periodic work outside of these days/hours in order to meet the needs of the business.
Responsibilities herein represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other duties may be assigned to meet emerging business needs. This is a full-time, exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the execution of B2B marketing initiatives, programs, and strategies from start to finish.
- Supervises marketing staff (Marketing Communications Team, Graphic Designers, and Marketing
- Assistant/Events Coordinator) to support company goals and objectives.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Coordinates with Digital Marketing Manager and other stakeholders to define and deliver Omnichannel brand strategy for the Host Defense and Fungi Perfecti brands.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders to deliver on multi-channel campaigns, including product launch plans.
- Oversees creative brief process for marketing programs, working with key stakeholders and creative team to meet objectives for customer-facing communications and deliverables.
- Leads and project-manages creative and design processes, including new products, packaging updates, print collateral, and other content. Ensures aesthetic alignment with brand guidelines, objectives, and stakeholders.
- Liaises with media organizations to formulate, recommend to upper management, and deliver on strategic ad campaigns.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to recommend, prepare and maintain B2B budgets for marketing department. Performs analysis on ROI and presents recommendations for tactic refinement.
- Ensures alignment of communications and messaging across all channels and in accordance with company missions and values.
- Actively participates in trade events (Expo East, Expo West, and others) and provides additional sales support.
- Maintains effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Oversees inventoried print material, manages reorder requests, and ensures B2B sales support tools are relevant and available.
- May travel from different locations within the region by vehicle as needed.
KEY REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or Business required; a substitution of a combination of relevant
- Education and/or experience will be considered.
- Three (3) + years’ experience in similar position with equivalent responsibility preferred.
- Two (2) + years’ supervisory experience.
- Intermediate or higher ability to utilize Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Advanced ability to develop and maintain business relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent organizational skills and habits.
- Demonstrated comfort and agility with prioritizing a large workload with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations without having the total picture; evaluates and handles risk in the midst of uncertainty.
- Ability to work with integrity, efficiency, and discernment, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Demonstrated experience with graphics, design projects and software preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Familiarity with the Natural Products Industry strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license acceptable in the state of Washington.
- Remote interview process Virtual meetings
- Proper use of masks at all times
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, cleaning or disinfecting procedures in place
Fungi Perfecti, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.