Who we are:
Mainspring Holdings and French Transit are both personal care and beauty platforms of health and wellness brands that are safe, effective, and trustworthy. Our current brand portfolio includes Dapple Baby - America’s # 1 Bottle Cleaner; Crystal - safe and effective natural deodorants; MyChelle - premium natural skin care products formulated with high performance ingredients and Luster Premium White - beauty-focused teeth whitening products. With over 100k points of distribution, our products can be found in most retailers in natural, conventional grocery, drug and mass market channels.
Check out our brands via links below:
About the Position:
This person will be accountable for the management of regional chains in both natural and grocery. While it will be necessary to collaborate with brokers and other team members, this position will also require a high degree of being able to work efficiently and independently while being detail driven. In addition, you would be expected to work cross-functionally with all departments while offering sales coordination to the Chief Sales Officer and VP of Sales.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Work in conjunction with the sales team, you will be responsible for management of the regional chain accounts while providing buyers with excellent service and support.
- Develop sales strategy, annual sales plans and monthly goals and tactics for key customers and channels, brokers, and distributors. Plans achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales performance goals for assigned areas - gross sales and trade spend. Strong focus on profitability.
- Manage all trade discounts, performance, contracts, and reconciliation for territory and customers.
- Create, maintain, and develop strong relationships with key account category managers and buyers.
- Secure headquarter calls and participate in as many key category reviews as possible
- Deliver ambitious, articulate, and fact-based selling proposals and presentations while leveraging key insights with confidence.
- Develop sales presentations that utilize SPINS/Nielsen/IRI and consumer data to influence accounts and increase distribution. Drive insights and action plans from data
- Broker Rep Management: Communicating all initiatives and partner with distribution manager and broker reps to drive new items launches, promotions, sales initiatives and more.
- Champion the customer/client at all levels internally and aid the sales leadership team to efficiently represent French Transit brands (understand all key accounts, not only those ones under one’s portfolio).
- Proactively manage and communicate account issues and resolve in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop and manage an annual trade promotion budget while working with Finance and Marketing Teams
- Drive post-promotion analysis following all programs to evaluate promotional effectiveness and display execution.
- Maintain accurate forecast that align with needs of the finance and operations team for production planning, etc
- Special projects as assigned. Proactively identify opportunities to continually improve processes
- Review sales numbers on a weekly basis to ensure growth and work with distributors/warehouse to prevent any OOS issues at store level
- Collaborate with key external and internal cross-functional teams from Marketing, Finance, Analytics, and Supply Chain to develop best-in-class business strategies.
- Share insights and data with Brokers and Rep partners leading to fact-based decisions and actions.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Marketing preferred
- 5+ years of CPG experience with a strong track record of success
- Experience selling in both the natural channel and conventional food, drug, mass
- Strong analytical skills and experience using internal and external data sources (i.e. Nielsen, Spins, IRI, CPM, Sales Data)
- Advanced strategic thinking, planning, financial management, decision-making, sales presentation, & negotiation skills
- Innovative, solution-oriented mindset and ability to drive collaboration across diverse functional groups to achieve goals
- Passion to make significant contributions to the organization through continuous process & ways of working improvement
- Clear communication skills, with a core competency in headquarter cross-functional collaboration
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experience building brands with retailers through partnership
- Strong technical knowledge and computer skills (Excel, Power point, Word)
- Experience with syndicated data and category management principles
- Proactive problem solving and ability to drive and adapt quickly to change
- Retailer, Broker, and Shopper focused
- Entrepreneurial thinker who finds creative ways to drive new business
- Ability to think analytically to understand complex, ambiguous issues & opportunities and articulate conclusions and solutions clearly
- Strong client-facing and communication skills with an aptitude for building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels.
- Dependable, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues.
- Flexibility to successfully multitask in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude.
Location: Flexible (Remote position with occasional requests to visit office)
- Benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Remote position but can work from office as needed
- Ability to travel (approximately 30%)