We are EO Products: For over twenty years we have been manufacturing personal care products out of pure plant extracts. EO stands for essential oils and they are the heart and soul of everything we do. We put the same care and attention into responsible business practices as we do into crafting plant-based personal care products that people love with our brands EO & Everyone. We’ve been named Best Places to Work by the North Bay Business Journal four years in a row.
We are looking for a passionate Western Regional Sales Manager who will report to the Director of Sales, Distribution Channel and partners closely with the sales team to drive the company’s strategic sales initiatives and meet revenue goals. They will support the development of sales growth plans and profitability goals, performs retailer analysis, and recommends best practices to continually improve sales performance. This position helps to create alignment by effectively engaging broker teams in planning and focusing organizational resources on top priorities.
The Western Regional Sales Manager is also responsible for the development and performance of sales initiatives in the Western U.S. in the Natural and Conventional retail channel. They will oversees broker teams and provides leadership to achieve assigned quarterly sales goals while maintaining company margin requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
Western US Sales Management – Natural and Conventional
- Contributes to sales strategy and ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability in the Western U.S.
- Manage our network of Western brokers – natural and conventional – to achieve and exceed individual regional sales goals
- Create and implement promotional strategies and sales programs within the territory
- Effectively communicate item updates, sales initiatives and merchandising goals to broker teams and monitor their execution
- Create and assign quarterly broker KPI’s and evaluate performance to ensure goals are being met or exceeded
- Build and maintain quarterly guidebooks and sales tools for broker teams
- Contribute to monthly broker newsletters
- Maintain successful relationships with category managers, buyers and decision makers at key accounts to grow current business
- Conduct retailer line/category reviews to optimize product placement and increase points of distribution
- Responsible for new item submission process (including presentations), promotional calendars and retailer funding forms
- Continuously monitor key account success and profitability and look for opportunities for improvement
- Regularly update Key Account Planners and Revenue Portfolios for top accounts
- Quarterly forecasting for key accounts
- Assist in distributor inventory management and planned demand execution for key accounts
- Actively look for new account opportunities
- Maintain organized retailer files utilizing G-Drive
- Actively participates in internal sales meetings and collaborates with all members of the Sales department
- Chargeback authorizations and dispute deductions when needed
- Troubleshoot and find solutions
- Work with other internal departments as needed to ensure all sales processes are running smoothly
- Travel as necessary for buyer meetings, category reviews, trade shows, sales meetings, market tours, new broker trainings, etc. – must book your own travel/accommodations and submit expense reports
- Provide essential feedback from the field to necessary internal department
What you’ll bring:
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing (or closely related field) preferred with sales experience
- 7+ years experience in the Natural Products Industry working with HABA brands
- Thorough understanding of the distribution model and experience working with UNFI, KeHE, and other natural products distributors required
- Must live in the Western region of the U.S.
- Self-starter with outstanding motivational skills – a team builder and leader
- Analytical and detailed oriented with the ability to multitask while staying organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people at all levels
- Proficient in G-Suite – Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc. – as well as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.