Dirty hands is building a team to develop and establish our growth services business unit. Dirty Hands Growth Services will provide brands with customized sales and distribution management aimed to accelerate strategic growth within the Natural and Organic retail space.
The Sales Manager role is responsible for driving growth for a portfolio of brands by developing and maintaining strategic retailer relationships, creating and overseeing tools to proactively manage brand development and execution, and leveraging analytics and data to support product presentation.
Ideal candidates will have existing relationships with assigned natural, specialty and independent retailers as well as an intimate working knowledge of UNFI / Kehe / DPI and other regionally based distribution companies. Successful candidates will be analytical, organized, and proactive communicators.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Be the single point of contact for sales activities for our clients
- Help recruit new clients to the business and assist in on boarding
- Work with clients to develop and execute annual sales objectives to achieve topline goals
- Be the driving force with the help of your sales team to achieve those goals
- Help brands develop annual road maps and manage team to implement them with distributors
- Manage the team to develop distributor strategies for our clients including gaining needed commitments, setting up distribution, growing ACV, executing promotions and related distributor events
- Develop and implement needed processes to make the business more efficient
- Work directly with distributors to help our brands navigate the challenges inherent in that relationship
- Step in when necessary to help sales reps achieve the team goals
- Assist in the development of category review materials based on reporting / spins data
- Attend bi-weekly and monthly meetings with the brand manager to assure clients are happy with the service
- Host a weekly team meeting to provide direction to the team and address any open issues
- Set annual goals for team members and coach them through year to help them achieve their potential
- Administer annual reviews and make recommendations for merit increase and bonuses
Who You Are:
- 5 to 7 years of sales experience working for a merchandiser. national broker or CPG with experience and existing relationships in the conventional and natural channel
- Project management – ability to manage projects for 50 plus brands
- Relationship management – ability to manage the relationships of 50 plus brands
- Managing through influence
- Results driven - a demonstrated record of success developing and exceeding annual sales objectives
- The ability to manage multiple competing priorities while delivering results
- Best in class organization and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with people at all backgrounds and organizational levels especially doing so from a distance
- Excellent customer service, presentation, and active listening skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Computer skills including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes.
What we offer:
All Dirty Hands our people, culture and community come first! We are more than an employer, we are a family! Dirty Hands boasts and exceptional culture and offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and a HSA plan. Dirty Hands also offers 401k, annual merit and bonus opportunities, paid holidays, relaxed casual dress, annual Team Days, an array of engagement opportunities and an Employee Assistance Program.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.