Designs for Health is an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of nutritional supplements offered primarily through health care practitioners. This rapidly growing company has two manufacturing plants and four distribution centers in the United States and distributes products in five continents.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will develop, implement, and sustain process improvement initiatives. This role will identify and improve the outcomes of manufacturing and operational processes to improve efficiencies and reduce cost. The position is ultimately responsible for developing and supporting Lean programs, and the establishment of Lean Champions to assist the programs within the various business units.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Create, Develop, and plan continuous improvement measures throughout manufacturing and Packaging departments.
- Promote a performance mindset at all site levels through Lean events, standardization and simplification initiatives via kaizen activities.
- Establish Lean goals, track Lean measures and provide review weekly and monthly reports to senior management.
- Select/apply appropriate Lean tools to improve line capacity, line efficiency, process reliability, mean time between failure and other key measures.
- Apply Lean manufacturing principles to complete projects with and provide root cause analysis process.
- Develop/ leverage collaborative relationships to achieve work goals and promote a continuous improvement culture throughout the facility.
- Identify and understand issues and opportunities.
- Implement corrective actions to improve safety, quality and productivity through collection and analysis of production data.
- Works cross-functionally with floor team members, leadership, and engineering to optimize manufacturing environment and business systems.
- Support operational planning for improvements, capital investments, equipment, processes, and project management.
- Provide Lean training at all levels of the plant.
- Associates degree preferred (Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial/Manufacturing Systems)
- 3+ years of experience in roles optimizing process and equipment performance and team member training required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (preferred)
- Understanding and application of Statistical Process Control and Power BI.
- Experience within the Food, Dietary supplements or Nutraceutical industries preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to Detail
- Displays positive attitude, teamwork.
- Able to follow directions and attention to detail.
- Willingness to assist in any area as needed
We offer amazing benefits including:
- 100% company-paid medical insurance premiums for employee + children.
- 100% company-paid life insurance benefits.
- 100% Company-paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account.
- 401K plan with company-match up to 4% after the first year of employment.
- Generous employee discount for company products for personal use.
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for medical or dependent care.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.