Defunkify is a growing company with a purpose to treat our laundry like how we want to treat our planet! We are seeking a Director of Sales to help us grow our 800 plus doors to 2000.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to build the sales strategy.
- Be an active participant in the Leadership Team.
- Be comfortable with the fact that this job’s responsibilities will continue to evolve and are not limited to this initial description.
- Create robust trade marketing plan and trade spending plan. Then direct & monitor all aspects of trade promotion to ensure maximum ROI inclusive of the trade rate and slotting.
- Develop annual sales plans and tactics for key customers and channels including the company sales team, brokers, and distributors to achieve both short and long-term revenue growth, profitability, and team accountability.
- Roll will involve directly calling on customers, closing new accounts, managing existing accounts. This role will evolve as the sales function grows to include brokers and a retail sales team that grows proportionately to sales
- Ability to lead, manage, and build a remote sales team to achieve maximum results.
- Ensure the successful sell-in of new product launches while achieving distribution goals and merchandising priorities.
- Communicate, measure, course correct distributor performance against monthly objectives
- Achievement of assigned volume and trade spending goals.
- Deliver growth in market share by working with direct reports, brokers, and accounts directly to plan and execute the sales and promotional plans of the organization.
- Present products and conduct category reviews to gain sales at assigned accounts by emphasizing quality of the Defunkify products versus the competition.
- Increase market share by conducting product and brand training to key accounts.
- Manage and work with direct reports and brokers to ensure maximum attention to the Defunkify lineup.
- Manage budgets, promotional calendars and promotional spending for local marketing and Travel Expenses in a cost-effective manner.
- Competent handling of all related administrative duties.
- Continual effort to develop new opportunities that are compatible with the organization’s goals.
- Utilize technology to capture and present category specific information.
- Provide Weekly recaps and sales updates on each account
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in an early-stage company.
- Ability to think rapidly in a growing and changing environment.
- A self-starter with considerable experience in Natural, Conventional, Mass, Club, and Drug channels of trade.
- Ability to measure and analyze key performance indicators (ROI & KPIs)
- Successful experience hiring, leading, and developing a sales team.
- Utilize broker, distributor, and direct key account experience.
- Positive management style with experience in organizational needs, negotiating, and leadership skills.
- Track record of entrepreneurial accomplishments.
- Drive and commitment with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining customer focused.
- Understanding and demonstrated use of data management systems.
- Well-versed at creating, managing, and optimizing annual trade spend budget.
- Experience in Household and Personal Care a plus.
- Well versed in all aspects of technology related to day-to-day business.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Planning, and Organizing.
- Situation analysis and decision-making Initiative.
- Celebrates and shares all sales successes
- Encourages a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Empathy for others.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of work-related experience.
- Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and utilize a variety of office equipment.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. and reach overhead.
- Ability to travel in an automobile or plane.
- Travel Requirements: Approximately 25%
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.