- Direct, supervise, coach and develop line leads, plant supervisors and plant managers, in the execution of their responsibilities
- Organize, coordinate, and have general oversight of all manufacturing and production staff and activities, including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Plan and determine requirements necessary for the successful rollout of new products
- Lead coordination of master planning, production, receiving, purchasing and inventory management
- Ensure continual improvement of processes, procedures and infrastructure to improve profitability
- Monitor and evaluate cost per pound, pound per man hour & product yields standards
- Develop good employee relations based upon company vision
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the production operations procedures, reporting on the performance and initiating improvements for operations
- Develop management systems, establish work measurement programs, and perform line workload observations to develop standards for labor and materials utilization.
- 10+ years of experience in value added plant operations management with a large scale perishable food manufacturing company
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related degree is preferred
- Demonstrated industrial engineering skills in a perishable food manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of food safety and general plant safety practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability of applying project management principles and practices to a large scale manufacturing organization
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead teams in processing, storing, and shipping food product initiatives
- Very strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving capabilities
- Highly self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate up and down the organization
- Cost accounting experience or financial acumen is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is an asset
- Highly self-motivated; able to work with minimal supervision
- Previously responsible for operational efficiencies to include product yields, labor, shipping/picking efficiencies, and sanitation scores
- Proven track record of results - data driven decision making
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.