We are seeking an experienced National Sales Manager to contribute to our company’s sales objectives. The ideal candidate is willing to seize the low-calorie CPG market trend, expand channels with products that have unique selling points and huge market potential, and also should aspire to develop and maintain successful relationships with existing and new customers.
Duties & responsibilities
- Acquire new retailers via our existing distributor or via retailer direct access model in natural and specialty channels.
- Seek new distributor networks to further develop the markets (USA & Canada).
- Liaison with existing and new brokers for further channels and retailer accounts expansion.
- Strategically identify opportunities for launching new products within existing and new channels.
- Grow current key accounts and on-shelf presence by determining and implementing promo schedules, working with buyers to increase velocities, and securing optimal placement.
- Discuss retail-specific pricing strategy, EDLP, Hi/Lo, and Hybrid to price position competitively within retail requirements.
- Maintain and develop sales forecast, working with Ops/Production team closely to ensure alignment on supply needs and product profitability.
- Work towards key sales targets including revenue, velocity, trade spend, stores, etc., while being fully aligned with the broader company mission and financial objectives.
- Work closely with marketing to ensure a coordinated approach to the consumer and customer including merchandising efforts, in-store marketing materials and field marketing programs.
- Create unique sales deck, strategy, and promo plan retail pitches.
- 5+ years of sales experience working for a national broker, a national distributor or CPG company with experience and existing relationships with major supermarket chains (importers and wholesalers).
- Experience and existing relationships with KeHe, UNFI, DPI, C&S and other distributors.
- Track record for success in acquiring natural channel distributor and retailer space, new doors within existing accounts, and improving velocity per store with successful trade strategies.
- Results driven- a demonstrated record of success developing and exceeding annual sales objectives.
- Ability to reliably communicate in a straightforward and forthright manner within the company and with other stakeholders such as agencies, brokers, distributors and wholesalers.
- Outstanding analytical skills to use data in decision making.
- Sales leadership experience with full customer P&L management.
- Comfort working in a diversified working environment effectively and independently.
- An upbeat, creative, wellness-focused, go-getter, willing to wear multiple hats and passionate to work in a startup environment and grow with the company.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.