ABOUT BRAGA FRESH
For three generations the Braga family has been farming in the western United States from the Salinas Valley to Yuma, Arizona. With more than 30 years of a certified organic farming program in place, we are one of the fastest growing organic produce companies in America driven by #TeamBraga. A vertically integrated company, we mix innovation with tradition to grow, ship and process fresh vegetables and salads year-round under the Braga Farms and Josie’s Organics brands.
The Marketing Manager reports to VP of Marketing & Product Development with opportunity to quickly grow based on proven abilities and performance. They will collaborate with cross-functional departments, outside vendors and a robust MarTech stack. This marketing team position will be instrumental in harmonizing and optimizing all the “spokes of the marketing wheel” for a cohesive, leveraged marketing mix.
Manage day-to-day marketing activities, deadlines, and prioritization of projects with marketing and outside support teams. Responsible for the oversight of the following (but not limited to) areas of focus:
BUILDING OUR STORY and BRAND STRATEGY
One of Braga’s differentiators is our story. This position will package that story and use/share consistently across all audiences, platforms, and assets.
- Building campaigns that align with marketing initiatives for both trade and consumer audience.
- Ensure sales team needs are covered, including maintenance of sales toolbox.
- Oversee customer requests such as swag, product imagery, product samples or company sponsorships.
- Execute new product launch plans and support asset creation for Omnichannel marketing.
- In collaboration with the Omnichannel Manager develop a digital strategy and budget for web, social, and paid media.
- Drive online content creation that aligns with overall marketing initiatives & messaging.
- Apply learnings from analytics to keep websites up to date using outside website vendors/CMS platform.
- Direct/manage social media content creation, vendor contracts, year-round content schedule, cross promotions, and any strategic campaigns.
TRADE SHOWS/ EVENTS / TOURS
- Oversee planning and execution of all trade shows, customer tours, events, and employee events.
- Manage creation and use of all marketing assets to assure unified messaging, cohesive visuals, and consistent use of all collateral/imagery/videos.
CONSUMER INSIGHTS & OUTREACH
- Based on data driven insights develop direct consumer communications plan/budget to build brand awareness, drive engagement and brand loyalty, and omni-integration.
- Other duties as assigned; seasonal projects as needed.
- Full time: Monday – Friday, occasional weekends, holidays as needed.
- To support our service-centric approach to marketing: This role needs the ability to be flexible with schedule as needed, to be present for on-site events, meetings, or unplanned, last-minute requests.
- Dual office coverage between Spreckels, CA and Soledad, CA.
- Occasional travel as needed: Trade shows, marketing conferences and growing regions.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years marketing or brand strategy experience.
- Driver’s license, car, and ability to drive to other Salinas Valley locations when needed. (Gonsalez and Spreckels, CA)
- Experience with using cloud-based marketing technology (MarTech) platforms including but not limited to content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) and analytic platforms and project management platforms.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite, Adobe.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and executing marketing strategies, developing campaigns.
- Background in tradeshows, event planning.
- Strong communication skills, proven ability to report performance KPIs and share status updates to drive awareness and project transparency.
- Experience with building and maintaining budgets, spend approvals.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the fresh produce channel a plus.
- Proven ability with managing cross-functional teams and outside vendors.
- Ability to help build marketing team collaboration and having a service-centric attitude with both retail customers and sales team.
- Ability to prioritize, pivot quickly and manage constantly changing deadlines.
- Constant sense of urgency as the fresh produce channel demands.
- Self-driven discipline to drive constant project progress with strong communication and collaboration skills.
ESTIMATED SALARY RANGE
- $80,000/year-$125,000/year. Based on experience.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.