The Research & Label Specialist is a core member of the Bluebonnet Nutrition team. You will pair your scientific, nutrition background and expertise with nutritional labeling and organizational skills in this role. A strong passion for scientific research is required as well since you will be an instrumental component for the inspiration behind new products and substantiation for product claims. You must also have a strong curiosity for new dietary ingredients and the application of functional herbs, nutrients, and foods that broaden the available health benefits to Bluebonnet consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specializes in the organizational process of label jobs and works with the label team for reviewing, proofing, approving, or rejecting as according to cGMPs
- Develops label copy as per 21 CFR Part 111mandated by the FDA in collaboration with the research & development team and marketing department
- Researches, analyses, and critiques of peer-reviewed scientific journals for scientific support
- Enjoys the fine details of marketing dietary supplements and presents new ideas and concepts to the team
- Supports product information calls from consumers, retail customers, and sales staff
- Collaborates with the team for writing and reviewing of marketing pieces and technical papers
- Gathers competitive information for use in R&D
- Prepares competitive analyses as warranted for new product development investigations
- Develops and delivers nutritional PowerPoint presentations
- Supports customer care operatives via customer complaint and adverse event response via phone and email
- Prepares and distributes industry news and responses to salesforce
- Cooperates with peers and supervisors to complete projects promptly
- Interfaces with Sales Team (OOS Reports, New Product Launches, Label Changes, etc.)
- Other duties as requested
Who you are:
- A trained label specialist/professional with a degree in health science (Dietician/Nutritionist, Kinesiology, etc) that has a strong passion for researching and labeling natural products
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in labeling and research in the dietary supplement and/or functional food industries.
- Thorough knowledge, experience, and deep understanding of GMP regulations as they pertain to 21 CFR Part 111 and how they impact product formulations, raw material ingredients, controlled documents and claims.
- Effective technical researcher and writer with strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills.
- You are organized, have a love for nutrition and a flair for marketing, and are happy to talk about nutrition in-depth
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently and within cross-functional teams.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Requires a four-year college or university degree or its equivalent in nutrition, biology, women’s health, or sports nutrition
- Incumbents must also possess at least two years of experience within nutrition education, the dietary supplement industry, or related practice
- Applicants must read and write English
- On the job training/SOP training
- Travel is sometimes required
Additional Requirements and Qualifications include:
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent scientific writing skills required
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and professionally
- Strong team player
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Must have good computer skills for accessing internet information, studies, articles, and product reference
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced environment
Physical Requirements: General office environment; ability to sit or stand for long periods; ability to move about an office.
Who we are:
Bluebonnet Nutrition is a 30-year-old, independent company that manufactures dietary supplements right here in Sugar Land, Texas. Our products are available in over 4000 retail locations across the US and internationally – favorite local stores would include HEB, Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, and many others. Our business is built on the virtues of naturalness, purity, innovation, accessibility, integrity, loyalty, and quality. Bluebonnet is driven by our close relationships with natural product retailers, who have knowledgeable staff to lead health-conscious consumers to those products that will specifically address their individual nutritional needs and health concerns.