Vitality Works mission is to create efficacious and therapeutic herbal, vitamin and nutraceutical supplements to help people get and stay well. While the FDA defines minimum quality, we strive for the highest level of quality. Vitality Works also operates in an environmentally sustainable way, recycling, composting, reducing energy and water consumption in a conscientious way. Our dedicated and passionate employees strive to produce amazing products in an uncompromising yet affordable way so that these products are affordable and effective.
Responsible for assessing product specifications and quality attributes including identity, purity and strength of botanical raw materials of received and manufactured herbal products in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for herbal raw material identification in a high throughput production environment per 21 CFR 111.
- Accountable for testing, evaluating, and dispositioning raw herbs, dry and liquid raw herbal components, and other raw, intermediate and finished goods.
- Updating specifications and other appropriate databases.
- Develop and maintain detailed specification sheets for all raw materials, such as herbal raw materials, according to 21 CFR 111, best industry practices, and what the company requires (which may change over time).
- Establish and validate test methods via internal testing and/or 3rd party approved analytical labs.
- Develop a reference material library that includes common adulterants and contaminants.
- Expand the herbarium collection of botanicals where appropriate with reference standards.
- Continuous improvement to build and expand the use of microscopy as a tool for herbal material evaluation and approval.
- Build and maintain a library of pertinent published reference material including monographs, books, studies, and compendia.
- Assist bringing in new testing equipment related to botanical evaluation and developing corresponding SOP’s.
- Ensuring analytical methods are updated and documented
- Staying current with industry developments on botanicals and apply to this position
- Assist with investigating non-conforming products and disposition.
- Assist with investigations and pertinent customer complaints and submit findings to QC/QA manager.
- Staying abreast of regulatory changes related to the industry.
- Increase reference resources to assist in raw material identification and other parts of the position.
- Assisting as needed in all other aspects of the QC department.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Botany, Biology or Chemistry
- Minimum three years experience with botanical ID/taxonomy in outdoor or laboratory setting
- Minimum three years in GMP industrial environment desired
- Minimum three years manufacturing experience in Dietary Supplement Industry desired
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Position will require some walking, standing and sitting
- Some lifting of at least 50 pounds on occasion may be required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong plant taxonomy foundation.
- Strong microscopy/macroscopy experience with plant identification.
- Sensory experience as related to plants.
- Knowledge of common herbal adulterants.
- Experience with HPTLC and creating SOP’s for HPTLC botanical ID. Other analytical testing expertise a plus.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a production environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
Vitality Works Benefits:
At Vitality Works, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account
- Benefits: Basic Life/AD&D,STD/LTD,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Vitality Works, Voluntary Supplemental Life/AD&D, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time & Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan: 100% match on the first 3% contributed plus an additional 50% up to 5%
- Group Voluntary Benefits
- 2 FREE Supplements per month
- Amazing on-campus gym/basketball courts/walking paths
- Referral Bonus Program
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.