Account Executive – Conventional Grocery
Target, Skogen's Festival Foods and Sendik's
PRESENCE is a national, independently owned, natural products broker and service provider that was born from a desire to work in a progressive, vibrant and environmentally conscious industry while building communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate about taking better care of the planet and ourselves, we have high energy, strong standards, strategic vision and are committed to making natural and organic products the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
Our Account Executives are the link between our manufacturer partners (brands), customers (retailers), distributor partners and PRESENCE. They are self-starters who have the ability to really “own” their account(s) and partner with key decision makers to sell our manufacturer’s brands, develop creative programs and manage/grow the business. This full-time dynamic position requires the ability to focus on HQ level selling at Conventional key retailers, ongoing goals and objectives while managing of the overall business and development for your specific accounts and brands. A successful Account Executive will collaborate to provide the manufacturers and retailers with measurable results.
A day in the life:
- Retail Account Development – As an Account Executive, you will take ownership and strategically manage your business at Target, Skogen's Festival Foods and Sendik's by developing, executing and evaluating business plans for our brands at the headquarter level. You will maintain consistent communication with the retailers and be responsive to real time needs. This includes in-person and virtual meetings with buyers to present and sell in new items and troubleshooting any issues in real time. As an Account Executive, it is expected that you will meet client and retailer expectations.
- Brand Development: You will collaborate with our National Brand Management team and your brand partners to develop and implement new product placement opportunities, launches, and develop impactful promotional strategies with ROI. You will develop and execute key KPI goals for the brand and retail partners, manage and oversee the category review calendar for each of the brand partners you are responsible for, and regularly meet with your brands to get a grasp on their evolving needs. Meetings may be requested in-person or virtually, also including market tours of your accounts. You will carefully orchestrate the building, negotiating and documentation of plans which involves collaboration with the Sales Administration team to provide them what they need to execute the promotional contract on time and error free. It is the Account Executive’s responsibility to lead this process, maintaining organized notes and clear inter department communications.
- Data Analytics – Knowing your business and finding actionable insights is key to driving sales at your account(s). It’s imperative to understand and utilize data tools such as SPINS, Nielsen, Power BI, store level void reports and distributor data to reach our sales goals and meet manufacturer expectations.
- Communication is key – As an Account Executive, you will build long-term and productive relationships with existing and new customers/clients. You are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive and timely communication (both internally and externally). You will be communicating with multiple departments within Presence including Distributor Relations and Brand Management. You should also be prepared to direct required follow up to an administrative team that is responsible for submitting contracts and account required paperwork on your behalf. Utilizing our tools, Account Executives capture and communicate both internally and externally on successes, challenges and day to day opportunities.
- Tradeshows and Events – Account Executives attend occasional national meetings, trade shows and trade/association conventions, social events with manufacturers/accounts and industry partners and these may occur outside of normal business hours. These may include travel.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Additional travel may be required for industry tradeshows and/or company meetings and events.
What we are looking for:
- Due to the nature of this role, it is required to live in the assigned territory and meet in-person with retailers, brands, coworkers and visit stores.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
- Previous Retailer HQ sales experience strongly preferred including experience in developing and negotiating sales strategies, budgets, and achieving sales goals
- Previous experience and/or relationships at the specific key accounts that will be called on is preferred
- Well versed in presentation skills and written communications
- Dependable, detail-oriented, adaptable person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and challenges
- Proficient computer (Microsoft applications) and analytic skills
- Proven proficiency in data analysis using 3rd party analytical platforms such as: SPINS, Nielsen, and IRI to develop data-driven stories that drive category centric decision making
- Knowledge and interest of the natural products/brands and retail landscape is a plus
- Proficient in time management and adhering to deadlines
- Clean driving record, reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current insurance is required
- Ability to lift 15lbs
- Travel required
Salary: Full time position, salary commensurate with level of experience, location and current market landscape
Benefits: Visit https://www.pmidpi.com/careers/ to learn more about our benefits
About Us: Visit https://www.pmidpi.com/our-culture/ to learn more about us