This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. You are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive, and timely communication (both internally and externally). Capture and communicate both internally and externally on successes, challenges, and day to day opportunities.
- Build and enhance relationships with assigned customers, their distributor sales reps, and our broker sales reps.
- Maintain knowledge of our product portfolio, pricing, promotion and marketing programs, market trends, competitive pricing, and competitive products.
- Prepare for & successfully conduct customer business reviews, re-set line reviews, etc.
- Understand and effectively utilize data to support sell-in, as well as to monitor and report on performance. Provide monthly sales reports, monthly expense reports to the Director of Sales in a timely manner.
- Negotiate effectively with retail buyers on pricing, new items, and promotions.
- Ability to complete all forms and submissions with accuracy is critical. Be able to find discrepancies in item/promotion data, research those issues, and follow through to resolution.
- Expand retail distribution via placement of new items and store count gains.
- Increase sales by pursuing new business opportunities with consistent follow-up.
- Increase product visibility via shelving, off-shelf displays, in-store ads, online features.
- Provide key inputs to ensure sales demand is accurately planned and project both sales revenue & trade spend.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with internal stakeholders including Customer Service, Logistics, Demand Planning, Trade Team, Marketing, Category Management, Sales Management, and others when needed.
- Manage promotional calendars and the associated contracts for all designated accounts
- Review and approve deductions.
- Participate in company sales meetings, relevant trade shows, social events and these may occur outside of normal business hours. These may include travel.
- 2-5 years sales experience preferred as Natural/Specialty, Deli or Produce Account Representative, including experience with major accounts as well as distributors UNFI, KeHE, GFI, etc
- Must possess solid business acumen with a proven ability to work independently.
- Well organized, detail oriented, self-starter with strong administrative, customer service, and follow-up skills
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and follow through with deadlines
- Dependable, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google products.
- Highly organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Builds relationships and overcomes resistance.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
Last Resume Date:
Tuesday, September 6, 2022 - 12:24am