The Human Resources Manager is responsible for staff management and development at North Coast Co-op. The Human Resources Manager must ensure that North Coast Co-op maintains compliance with federal, state, and local labor laws, and with its internal policies and procedures regarding the employment of staff. Manages the employee life cycle and administration of employee services. Compliance related responsibilities include recruitment; hiring; onboarding; coordinating ADA dialogues and needs; investigating and managing claims of harassment and discrimination, health benefits administration. Represents the company in labor relations. Works collaboratively as a member of the senior management team to achieve the goals of this cooperatively governed triple-bottom-line company.
- Oversees recruitment, training, and development of staff.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures and manages operations of the Human Resources Department.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state law.
- Oversees administration of employee benefits, workers' compensation program, employee services, and associated record keeping.
- Develops and maintains human resources platform/systems.
- Fosters an inclusive company culture and ensures equitable policies throughout the organization.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university equivalent; or 4-10 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with human resources information technology systems.
- Experience implementing and managing budgets.
- Previous experience with labor relations, preferably in retail/grocery.
- Proven ability to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
To be considered for this position, please submit:
- A cover letter explaining your desire for the position, availability, and the skills, qualifications and experiences that make you an excellent candidate.
- A resume containing your work history, educational background and relevant licenses and certifications.
- Three professional references including phone number and relationship.
Thank you for your interest in working at North Coast Co-op.