The Distributor Account Manager is the primary point of contact and liaison between Nordic Naturals and its distributors. Working closely with the Key Account Managers, the individual is responsible for monitoring and executing the annual customer business plan at assigned distributors. The position is responsible for collaborating with Sales, Finance, and Operations to ensure strategic alignment and business opportunities. Other account duties may apply, including management of designated regional key accounts.
In this role you will:
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned distributors and accounts
- Work with accounting team to review, validate and resolve all deductions, returns, and inventory issues
- Communicate new item launches to ensure timely set up of new items, including completing new item submissions where applicable
- Assist in preparing and submitting promotions
- Conduct quarterly price audits to ensure price accuracy; communicate price changes as required
- Collaborate with Key Account Sales Managers on forecasting by retailer and distribution center (DC); review and update forecasts on a monthly basis
- Work with distributor(s) on inventory management to optimize stock levels and create sell through strategies for excess or short-dated inventory; ensure timely pick-up and delivery of purchase orders
- Work with distributor contacts to ensure accuracy and compliance of monthly sales and POS data
- Work with Retail sales team members who are responsible for sales order processing, invoicing, EDI integration, order confirmations and tracking
- Oversee all aspects of shipping details including securing inventory for purchase order, scheduling, packing, confirmations and adjustments
- Collaborate with Key Account Managers to validate retailer MCB’s and promotions, including providing insights on ROI
- Participate in and contribute to weekly team calls, as well as any cross-departmental and key account meetings
- Analyze, maintain and organize contracts, files, records and any pertinent information that job requires
- Assist in preparation of key account business review slides as requested for retailer meetings
- Maintain and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all distribution related activities
- May assume other regional key account management duties as assigned
- 2+ years working with national distributors to the natural/conventional grocery channel
- 2+ years managing natural/conventional grocery channel key accounts
- Strong presentation skills and an effective and comfortable communicator
- Strong data analysis, accounting and forecasting skills required, including working with both internal and 3rd party data
- Strong computer/Mac skills and working knowledge of the entire MS Office Suite required; Must be advanced in MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nordic Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screening and background check are conditions of employment.
At Nordic Naturals, we’re committed to delivering the world’s safest, most effective nutrients essential to health. Our award-winning omega-3 fish oil and other foundational nutrients are research supported, expertly formulated, rigorously tested, proven effective and, best of all, great tasting. With products for the whole family, we deliver the nutrients essential for healthy living.
Nordic Naturals has been revolutionizing omega-3s since 1995, pioneering a new definition of fish oil as it relates to purity, freshness, taste, and dosage. Headquartered in Watsonville, CA, the company has expanded beyond solely omega-3s and offers complementary, foundational nutrients essential to health. Our portfolio, which is distributed to over 35 countries, includes more than 200 products in a variety of flavors and formulations for adults, kids, athletes, and pets. Family owned, Nordic Naturals works passionately to see generations of healthier, happier people around the world.
Nordic Naturals offers a great work environment, support for a healthy lifestyle, and an opportunity to be part of a company that’s making a positive difference. We are committed to the shared goal of promoting health and wellness by delivering the world’s safest, most effective omega oils. We see a growing worldwide market and need a great team of people to enable our company to continue to fulfill its mission.