Open Gates Group is a family of entrepreneurial companies committed to creating high-quality dairy products and taking them to market, all while supporting small, family farms! Our dairy products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest farms surrounding our creamery. We are currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join Kalona Organics, a member of the Open Gates Group family of companies.
The Kalona Organics Inside Sales Representative is responsible for sales initiatives including account management, new product/promotional offers, and phone sales for Kalona Organics. This is a remote position and will interface with retail customers via phone and email.
What you will do:
- Educate retail accounts on the Kalona SuperNatural brand and proactively introduce new and/or additional products.
- Achieve sales targets.
- Maintain and grow existing accounts.
- Regularly audit sales reports and follow up with buyers/store managers to assess ongoing problems that need to be resolved.
- Maintain detailed records of all calls and follow-up actions.
- Track and maintain record of promotion confirmations and associated sales and costs.
- Work with internal teams to advise of upcoming promotions and sales efforts.
- Follow through on customer and broker requests including submitting store turnover orders.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current and new Kalona Organics products.
- Inform management of area activities and significant customer concerns.
- Collaborate closely with Kalona Organics Marketing and Operations teams to ensure partner needs are being fulfilled and expectations exceeded.
What you will need:
- Minimum of one year inside sales and customer service experience. (e.g., dairy, specialty food, natural and organic) preferred.
- Exceptional telephone skills and etiquette.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated computer skills with working knowledge of Google Drive.
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles.
- Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 6 months.
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right We Think Like Entrepreneurs We Offer a Great Place to Work We Build Strong Relationships We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community