IRIS NATURALS INTERNATIONAL specializes in functional ingredients servicing the dietary supplement, Cosmeceuticals, Nutraceuticals and Pharmaceuticals industries.
We are hiring an Import / Export Shipping Assistant at our Forest Hills, NY location. Working hours for the Assistant position is 9:00am – 5:00pm with a 30-minute lunch break.
As the Shipping Assistant you will work under the supervision of the Managing Director. The Import / Export Shipping Assistant performs a wide range of activities related to ordering, receiving and shipping materials for IRIS TRADE and its division for Cosmetics, Nutraceuticals and Pharmaceuticals: IRIS NATURALS.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Fluent in English. Spanish and Portuguese languages are a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader
- Must confirm work eligibility by providing all required paperwork
- Referral letter may be requested
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience
- Ordering Responsibilities:
- Receive clients’ orders for processing
- Verify information on client’s orders against company’s quote.
- Issue company’s purchase orders and shipping instructions to be sent to suppliers.
- Send sales order confirmations and/or proformas to clients.
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials purchased.
- After receipt of materials, verify its accuracy against approved client’s samples and company’s purchase order requirements.
- Prepare materials to be shipped to clients by preparing packages and labels and by matching materials to their technical specifications.
- Create shipping documents to clients
- Obtain quotes from Freight Forwarders for domestic / international shipments and courier services
- Make recommendation as Freight Forwarder service to be selected for each shipment
- Maintain shipping documentation, files and files cabinets organized
- Check and maintain proper inventory levels for IRIS NATURALS products
- Purchase materials when inventory is low with approved vendor(s) on a regular basis unless otherwise requested by Managing Director
- Maintain vendors’ contact list updated
- Inform Managing Director if any problem arises, dealing with manufacturers, suppliers, and freight forwarders.
- Follow Company’s guidelines to maintain a safe and proper work environment.
- Able to work independently and work cooperatively in a team setting.
- In-job-Training for above position will be offered.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.