Are you a builder, a connector, someone who loves sharing things you’ve learned, and someone who just can’t help yourself but to ask, “Why?” INFRA is seeking an Insights Program Manager to build and enhance the insights we utilize on our team and provide to our membership.
INFRA is a cooperative association of more than 300 independently owned natural food retailers serving hundreds of communities in 45 states plus DC & Puerto Rico. Through collective buying power, operational support and exchange, events and education, and innovative marketing programs, we help member businesses thrive in step with their values and communities, a fast-changing industry, and the planet we share. If you are looking to use your skills to help increase the impact of a mission-driven organization, start a conversation by submitting your resume and cover letter!
As the Insights Program Manager, you will play a key role in anticipating and uncovering compelling insights about the shopper, our members, our partners, and in our industry. Through this work you’ll have the unique opportunity to influence strategy, support decisions, and uncover opportunities through prescriptive recommendations that create more thoughtful interactions. As a connector, the ideal candidate for this role is relationship-driven and acts as a true partner to others. And as a builder and a do-er, you will help INFRA establish an insights voice for our members and within our industry. You will have primary responsibility for using data to generate insights and solve problems; create reporting; dive deep into surveys, studies, and social data; all to draw out inspiring and actionable insights and trends.
What you will own and improve
Presentations and Insights–
- Provide regular actionable and insightful membership-wide insights by prioritizing content topic and collecting inputs from SMEs and team members, or creating your own.
- Act as a dot connector across disciplines. Partner with SMEs to identify opportunities to use insights within their area of expertise, also creating connections to insights and outcomes being created elsewhere in the organization.
- Define what questions need to be answered and connect data, member business success needs, and industry happenings to uncover trends impacting those decisions.
- Create customized, member-specific reporting and/or insights presentations, aligned with member goals and needs.
- Impact business decisions by developing differential shopper first insights that set up growth opportunities in INFRA promotions or operational best practices.
- Partner with leadership to provide insights related to INFRA’s strategic plan.
Research & Data –
- Lead and conduct independent and original research with mastery over the subject area of grocery.
- Work with existing sources of data (SPINS, IRI, Nielsen, PowerBI, Financial Benchmarking/Cometrics, other syndicated data, and others) and identify gaps or opportunities to bring in new data sources when needed.
- Identify common business decisions that address the evolving issues and needs of our business, members, partners and our team. Partner to build dashboards using reporting of available data or importing relevant data within reporting environments, which will support decision making around identified areas.
- Obtain and analyze delivered scheduled reporting/dashboards. Outline storytelling elements and actionable outputs for broad scale association needs or targeted member needs.
- All presentation of data insights from reports should be structured, understandable, professional, inspiring and provide insights to the end user.
- Research common member scenarios (such as outages), confer with internal expertise, and identify sources of issues, trends, potential actionable next steps, and related details.
Provide Education –
- You will be responsible for meeting with all levels inside and outside INFRA to present storytelling about analysis and provide insights on many different data scenarios and strategies.
- Provide limited audience and large scale education of how to use available insights and associated reporting by utilizing direct-connection discussions & presentations, training of INFRA team members, webinars, learning curriculum, content creation, and/or training sessions.
- Help users navigate available reporting, clearly identifying ways data can be used for small and large decision making.
Marketing Content Creation –
- Collaborate with the broader team by identifying and contributing to key topical and thematic narratives that cut across coverage areas.
- Create a roadmap and calendar for communications of insights across OmniChannel marketing applications and directly to members.
- Manage insights and analysis outputs for agreed upon insights topics, including forecasts, website content, communities discussions, presentations, and more customized deliverables.
- Partner with Member Success team to understand most important/impactful issues happening for members now and in the future. Forecast future outcomes and needs.
- Connect consumer/shopper insights, industry insights, operational practices
- Begin to develop INFRA’s external insights voice.
What you already know:
- 6+ years required progressive business analysis, marketing analysis, and/or insight creation outputs, including depth of demonstrated experience in natural products and retail industry (CPG, Distribution, Retail).
- 4+ years demonstrated experience with and solid foundational understanding of data analysis, reporting, data visualization and data architecture, including working in a growth-minded organization building these practices
- Degree and/or advanced certification and training in Marketing, Data Storytelling, Market Research or in a field related to retail, consulting, or journalism.
- Confident understanding of retail measurement data capabilities and measures - advanced experience with SPINS, IRI, Nielsen, or equivalent data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of M365, Microsoft Office suite, PowerBI as well as advanced knowledge of data visualization tools and platforms.
- High level of intellectual curiosity and flexible growth mindset.
- Someone who loves bridging the gap between needs, desires, possibilities, and data to back it up. Able to mine nuggets of relevant and insightful findings backed by data.
- A great storyteller who has excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey actionable insights based on research.
- Experience and confidence of partnering with and presenting to all levels in an organization including leadership and Executives, leading conversations focused on value-additive content aligned with goals.
- Situationally aware and able to balance and pivot between high level discussions and infusing a depth of understanding of data points to provide analytical insights.
- Strong command of syndicated toolkit – and ability to synthesize simple, compelling story.
- Positive track record working with a cross-functional team and building effective relationships. Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and create outcomes.
- Flexible and able to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude. Able to manage a variety of projects on tight timelines without compromising quality.
What you will learn:
- Growth opportunity for this role includes using your experience to establish and grow INFRA’s Insights practice, voice, and influence in service of our membership, as well as expanding the capacity and skill of our team, members, and partners, making us stronger as a whole.
- How to gain a deep understanding of INFRA’s vision and mission to effectively collaborate to drive change with INFRA, our members, and our partners.
- How to flexibly apply a consultative mindset to drive member excellence within our diverse, independently owned member base.
- How to align INFRA's business model with member store solutions that build relationships.
- How to deepen your understanding of the intricacies of the natural food industry and understand the intersections of manufacturing, distribution, and retail.
*Travel up to 30% is required for this position for industry tradeshows, team meetings and/or company meetings and events.
*This role is located in our St Paul, MN Headquarters as a part of our hybrid workforce, currently working in office at least 3+ days/week.
INFRA is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We know that diversity of identities, experiences, and ways of thinking result in stronger lives for all our members and the communities we serve. Research shows that systemically excluded communities such as people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities may be less confident in applying for positions where as little as one skill doesn’t appear to fit – we welcome your resume and encourage you to apply.
INFRA is a mission-driven organization that strongly believes in rightful living. We provide our employees with robust technology, collaboration, professional development, hybrid work options, flexible schedules, work-life balance, and time in person with our a tight-knit team and members. Each of us receives a full suite of employee benefits including time off & holidays; health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a health savings account; a 401(k) retirement plan; and more.