HP Ingredients Corporation, is a manufacturer and supplier of safe, branded, patented, science-based, clinically proven nutraceutical herbal extracts. HP Ingredients’ mission is to maintain its reputation as a foremost pioneer in the global natural health industry delivering unique ingredients backed by rigorous scientific research. HP Ingredients is a fast-growing, innovative nutraceutical company that brings to market standardized patented botanical extracts and as well as privately funds clinical studies in collaboration with globally prestigious universities and research institutions located in Malaysia, Chile, Italy and the United States in support of these products.
Celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, HP Ingredients – also a certified Woman-Owned Company. Our facility is certified organic, kosher and halal.
The Procurement & Production/Project Manager has the overall delivery responsibility to the company for the execution schedule, sourcing and client satisfaction of work performed by our contract manufacturer as well as managing in house blending, bottling and packaging ensuring uninterrupted supply chain.
They will be responsible for the procurement process including purchasing strategies, negotiation, and management of suppliers for $4-$6M. Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects at a time, working closely with each of the customers to mutually define needs/requirements in order to drive the procurement process across the organization while maintaining compliance with corporate policies.
The ideal candidate must be analytical, proactive problem solver, results driven, detailed oriented, organization skills and an out of the box thinker to ensure all components of purchasing are operating at maximum capacity. Oversees staff members to ensure each task or function is being completed timely. Responsible for managing inventory level, inventory forecasting and working collaboratively with suppliers (domestic & international) to ensure that all customers receive their goods and services in a timely manner.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Raw material sourcing – get price quote (and negotiate for best possible price) from all raw material vendors, qualify the vendors, get C of A, Spec Sheet, (Organic, kosher, and halal, if applicable), timely record pricing.
- purchasing of raw materials from start to finish: Timely issue PO to approved vendors only, review C of A to make sure correct ingredients are purchased.
- Managing Private Label Production Outsource and In house production from start to finish.
- Responsible for MRO purchases. Ensure sufficient stock.
- Timely weekly update status in production notes. Timely communicate with Inside Sales and supervisor if there is any update within the week.
- Establishes inventory analysis for monitoring inventory level, to ensure uninterrupted supply chain.
- Coordinates weekly meetings with suppliers and co-packers for open POs/ projects
- Verification of customer labels.
- Establish a good and collaborative relationship with existing, new suppliers, contract manufacturers and custom broker.
- Negotiate with suppliers/ contract manufacturers to secure advantageous terms
- Negotiate advantageous contracts to secure supply and savings.
- Communicate timely internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Deliver productivity cost savings year over year on key ingredients.
- Develop and execute strategic projects to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage and ensure uninterrupted supply chain.
- Support Organic Inspection Audit, Kosher Audit and Halal Audit as needed.
- Establishes purchasing policies, production policies as needed and ensure compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) and Competencies:
- Attention to detail is a MUST.
- Results driven.
- Ability to get pricing, documents from various vendors on a timely basis.
- Ability to negotiate pricing with various vendors.
- Sense of urgency and passion for customer satisfaction.
- Takes initiative and follows through with task completion.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere and finds ways to build good relationships with customers, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Solid reasoning ability: analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to timely handle problems involving a few variables in standard situations
- Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Good interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and complete tasks within scheduled times using effective time management techniques
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and implement them into daily activities; receptive to change and continuous improvement.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft products, including Word, Excel and Outlook; ACT, and QuickBooks.
Physical Requirements: The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business related area preferred; at least ten years of purchasing or production related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong computer skills, know how to use word, excel, and internet
- Minimum 8 years experiences in Procurement, Production in similar industry, nutraceutical, food, ingredients, dietary supplement
- Procurement experiences is a must
- Must have valid driver's license
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Authorized to work in US
- This job is a FULL-TIME JOB (NOT REMOTE WORK – based in Bradenton, Florida)
A candidate will need to complete a drug test, criminal background check and reference check.
We are a growing company that is looking for someone who is passionate about their work and interested in creating a long-term relationship with our company. Pay depends on experience.
Our Exceptional Benefits Plan includes:
- Supportive & Friendly Culture
- Subsidized Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dental, Vision coverage options
- Short Term Disability
- Wellness Benefits
- 401k matching plan
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Employee discount purchase
Pay depends on experience.