Green Spoon Sales is an established natural food + beverage sales agency, representing the most exciting brands in CPG nationwide. We are a mission-driven team fueled by the desire to transform the retail landscape and bring healthier, cleaner, sustainable products to market. Join us on our journey of spreading good food, good vibes and impacting the world around us in a positive way. Natural Food, Good People.
Green Spoon Sales is looking for a Grocery Key Account Manager in Southern California to call on and help manage grocery retail accounts.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with assigned Key Accounts and their category managers as well as Distributors (UNFI / KeHE, etc.)
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with all principals. Address concerns and resolve issues in an efficient and respectful manner.
- Work with the team to continuously improve effectiveness and productivity.
- Be proactive in supporting retailers, distributors with store openings, distributor tabletops, Expo, etc.
- Develop and recommend strategic / sound promotional plans for key principals.
- Be aware and report on efforts by competitors of our principals including new items, pricing, packaging, etc.
- Collaborate with the Green Spoon leadership team to generate ideas for growing our principals’ business and make suggestions for improvement. Includes strategic discussion on handling Supermarket / Conventional business as the convergence of two channels continues.
- Attend and participate in all team meetings.
- Present and receive buyer approvals for new lines / SKUs at assigned key accounts.
- Develop and work closely with UNFI / KeHE representatives of assigned accounts.
- Secure prime placement in planograms.
- Prepare and submit New Items Forms, Distributor and Retail Promotions, etc.
- Secure key retailer appointments for our principals.
- Attend retailer meetings with principals and collaborate on all paperwork and reporting.
- Manage and oversee category review calendars that pertain to our principals.
- The ideal candidate will be located in Southern California
- A college degree strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant natural/conventional grocery experience selling to HQ.
- Organic and natural experience preferred.
- Positive attitude
- Great attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Interest in organic food and products
- Must own a smart phone and computer to perform duties
- Green Spoon supplies Microsoft Office Suite
Thank you in advance for your interest in Green Spoon. Due to applicant volume, regretfully we are unable to respond to all inquiries.
Full-time, salary with strong benefits package. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and a brief introduction.