JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
JOB SUMMARY: The Business Development position is responsible for developing and quantifying business leads and opportunities within their assigned area. This includes but not limited to maintaining and growing existing customer relationships and spice business base.
Primary focus / tasks include: Using the telephone, webinars, email, social media outlets, trade journals or other avenues to obtain customer engagement. This will include occasional face-to-face sales calls to achieve and support these sales targets, opportunities, and market goals within your customer portfolio. Typical tasks include customer interaction to determine and quantify their needs as well as increasing awareness in Fuchs NA capabilities & competencies, sales volume growth with existing and prospective customers. As well as, identifying and acquiring volume from current and prospective customers, determining need and fit and managing projects / opportunities. This job is expected to conduct spice presentations with our customers and target accounts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Management on creating and executing an overall spice strategy.
- Develops annual sales budget with the guidance of the Sales Director.
- Ensures attainment of sales budget with assigned account base.
- Compile & qualify new channel target lists to determine viability.
- Annually attend ASTA and other designated conferences
- Visit existing customers and target accounts to identify and capitalize on new opportunities.
- Maintains records in CRM of customer activity and files to ensure proper call frequency and follow-up in resolving customer challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and execute an annual account plan for Top 5 customers and Top 5 prospects.
- Assists with the implementation of various marketing programs, i.e., sample kits, & new channel strategies
- Allocates >15% of time towards lead qualification sourced via LinkedIn, CRM archives, trade journals, internal leads.
- Performs frequent cold calls and prospecting activities to develop a base of potential new spice and seasoning blend customers.
SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to focus on a specific project list to deliver action plans & results.
- Must be able to define problems, establish facts, and then draw valid conclusions.
- Effective communication skills and an ability to communicate across multiple departments.
- Ability to sell internally via superior project management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs, (Outlook, Power Point, CRM or similar applications) is required.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a Life Science discipline)
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong time management, pc and communication skills.
- Travel required.