Account Executive - Conventional Grocery
Works Remotely – Grand Rapids, MI
Natural products is what we do. It’s who we are. Presence is an independently owned natural food broker that was born from a desire to work in a dynamic and environmentally conscious industry building communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate, high energy, have strong standards and vision and are committed to making natural and organic food the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
Our Account Executives are the link between our manufacturer partners, customers (Meijer, Spartan/Nash), distributors partners and Presence. They are self-starters who have the ability to really “own” their account(s) and partner with key decision makers to sell our manufacturer’s brands, develop creative programs and manage/grow the business. This full-time dynamic position requires the ability to focus on ongoing goals and objectives while managing of the details associated with day to day HQ sales and overall business development.
A day in the life:
- Account Development – As an Account Executive, you will take ownership and strategically manage your business by developing, executing and evaluating business plans for our brands at the headquarter level. This includes presenting and selling new items, new product placement opportunities, developing impactful promotional strategies, and creating and executing on manufacturer and retailer goals.
- Analytics – Knowing your business and finding opportunities is key to driving sales. Understanding and utilizing data such as SPINS, Nielsen, Power BI, store level void reports and distributor data is an important aspect to reach our sales goals and meet manufacturer expectations.
- Communication is key – You are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive and timely communication (both internally and externally). You should also be prepared to direct required follow up to an administrative team that is responsible for submitting contracts and account required paperwork on your behalf. Utilizing our tools, Account Executives, capture and communicate both internally and externally on successes, challenges and day to day opportunities.
- Coordinating Plans – Creating and implementing promotional plans, new item launches, etc. is a key duty for our Account Executives. This involves the careful orchestration of building, negotiating and documenting plans and then ensuring that the administrative team has what they need to execute the promotional contract on time and error free. It is the Account Executive’s responsibility to lead this process, maintaining organized notes and clear inter department communications
- Tradeshows and Events – Account Executives attend occasional national meetings, trade shows and trade/association conventions, social events with manufacturers/accounts and industry partners and these may occur outside of normal business hours. These may include travel.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Additional travel may be required for industry tradeshows and/or company meetings and events.
What we are looking for:
- Strong selling skills - negotiation, presentation and public speaking
- Clean driving record, reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current insurance is required
- Dependable, extroverted, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- Knowledge and interest of the natural products/brands and retail landscape is a plus
- Proficient computer (MS Office applications) and data-mining skills
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Ability to lift 35lbs
- Ability to travel (approximately 25%)