Are you ready to make a difference and lead an interesting and diverse role? Are you a progressive leader who is strategic and is ready to move the needle? You can make a difference here while you continue to develop and advance in your career.
Our client is a family-run company who specializes in growing and freezing fresh fruit. As the pioneer in the frozen fruit industry, they are an industry leader. They ship more than 100 million pounds of mixed fruit blends around the country, supplying retail & club stores, foodservice, schools and ingredient industries out of California's Central Valley.
As they look to the future, they plan to continue expanding and innovating to keep up with the times while maintaining the culture they value so highly. In order to do this well, they are in need of a talented Director of Supply Chain to join their leadership team in this newly created role. This is an opportunity to join an established and reputable company in a lead role. An organization that truly values family and the community they are rooted in.
The Director of Supply Chain will report to the VP of Operations and be responsible for leading warehouse operations, logistics, distribution and procurement in 3 locations with 4 direct reports. The ideal candidate will implement and lead the strategy and structure needed to ensure consistent quality, efficiency and inventory levels as they continue to grow the business. They will work closely with the leadership to create and implement strategic initiatives while maintaining close relationships with the entire team with a focus on development and mentorship of their valued employees.
To be successful in this role, the Director of Supply Chain will need to be very collaborative with teams and suppliers. The right candidate will be a progressive thinker who understands the dynamics of the agriculture industry, and the good people within it, and is always challenging the status quo in the right manner. We are looking for a uniter of teams who is inspirational, trustworthy,caring, personable, and an outstanding communicator. You will be looked upon as the leader and will be held to that standard.
Our client offers a competitive compensation plan that includes superior medical coverage and comprehensive benefits package
- Lead the procurement team to ensure that the needs of operations and production are met and continuously improve the performance of procurement processes and staff
- Develop and implement sourcing, procurement, and vendor management strategies with SOP’s for necessary policy revisions
- Develop and implement cold storage and logistics strategies and tactics
- Lead warehousing and transportation teams, and manage 3PL partners
- Develop and implement a 5S Plan (Sort, Straighten, Standardize, Sustain) for warehousing
- Develop and implement a Management Standard Work (MSW) plan
- Develop and maintain incoming materials and finished goods tracking, utilizing ERP systems
- Support all external and internal audits, including SQF, customer and financial
- As the lead point of contact for all vendors, (including 3PL), analyze and improve performance involved with WFF warehousing and logistics
- Support the company’s AOP (Annual Operating Plan), including the budgets and overall plans and objectives
- Establish, maintain and improve KPI’s
- Analyze, resolve and report customer service issues associated with transportation and storage
- Conduct audits of critical vendors (Including 3PL warehousing) to ensure highest level of food safety and to increase probability of successful external audits ( e.g. SQF, customers)
- Assess and develop the skill sets of staff to meet the objectives of the company
- In cooperation with Production and Quality, develop stringent quality standards for incoming raw materials, work with vendors, to develop a sampling and contingency plan when quality issues may arise
- Drive cost savings opportunities and operational efficiencies
- Have a strong focus on both internal and external customer service, food safety and GMPs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain or Logistics
- 5+ years of warehousing and logistics leadership experience
- 5+ years of purchasing/strategic sourcing experience
- Must have experience in Lean Six Sigma (minimum Green Belt level) and applying these principles to problem solve, develop process or design improvements and establish a lean culture
- P&L Financial acumen. Ability to generate financial reports, and write procedure manuals
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have experience working with ERP and warehouse management systems
- Bilingual (Spanish) would be ideal but not required
- Very hands on leadership expertise working closely with teams and thriving in a boots on the ground environment
- Ability to define problems and be solution minded with timely recourse
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.